Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Release Button

I have a Y (01) plate 200 Sport. Never really bothered me before but the boot release button on the key has never worked for me. Door lock/unlock buttons are fine.

Anyone else got the same problem or any ideas whats causing this or if its easy to fix?

Thanks in advance guys.

I think the reason they have it that way is that as the remote works from so far away, might accidentally press the button and open the boot. This way need to actually want to do it to open it.

Oops I feel a bit silly now!!

Will check it out when i get home but I suspect thats it.  Never tried holding it down i dont think

dont feel silly,

I know from a very good source that one of the managers of a lexus dealer complained to the mechanics about the same problem after having his lexus for 3 weeks and not being able to open the boot remotely

:lol:

Oops I feel a bit silly now!!

Will check it out when i get home but I suspect thats it.  Never tried holding it down i dont think

I was trying to figure this out when I first bought mine too ... I had to actually read the hand book ! hehe