Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay

i know lot of you buy CD's & bits for your lexus or for your other cars on eBay but i just been looking thru eBay & list lots of 'new' trainers. would you buy them off eBay or better off going to a high street shop? just that some of these prices are tempting for a new pair of trainers. the sellers claim its geniune & new, if it isnt can anything be done about it?

I'm a regular user of eBay and there are gits out there that will take your money and run (BBC news reported this week someone who has just been prosecuted for taking £100k from people) but in general and from my experience, its all okay. Just need to read everything about the post and if necessary, email them. Those that are businesses trading tend to offer a returns policy but private individuals wont and once you get them, you get them. Best thing to do is pay via paypal as you have come back but only upto a certain amount but its more than the price for trainers. Sellers must live up to what they say in their item. I personally go alot on their feedback. If lots of negative, steer clear. If low numbers, be concerned as either not experienced OR they keep changing to a new id because of crap feedback before hand. Most I've spent on one item on eBay was £460 and whilst I wet myself waiting for the item to turn up, it did. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Positive Feedback has to be a must on eBay.

Otherwise its like buying a car with NO service history.

I have had some really good deals on there. My son buys all his trainers on there and hasn't been let down once YET!!

ahh but people are purchasing feedback from ebay seller... 99p for positive feedback

That's dishonest, surely if eBay know, these people will be barred,banned whatever, or do they start up again under another name

I have allways tried, and instilled in my children,the maxim Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.

ahh but people are purchasing feedback from ebay seller... 99p for positive feedback

In theory, this would eventually show up as you can only leave feedback on an item that has officially been posted. Therefore, when you look at someones feedback, if you were lucky enough to come across the item that the seller has purchased just to give them good feedback, you'd know that its all false info. If this doesn't make sense, click on a user in eBay and then click on their feedback, you can actually view the items that the feedback has been received on!!

this has been going on for a while - its just that no people are overtly selling feedback.

Has been a widely used tactic of scammers to buy a load of $.50 cent books, blank CD's - anything dirt cheap.

Pay immediately, leave the seller "OMFG - Great E-Bay A +++++++" feedback, and they tend to leave the same for you.

For less than $100 someone can build what appears to be a decent rep.

Start maybe 10 auctions for laptops or other such expensive goods, do a runner with the money - quids in.

sad but true

this has been going on for a while - its just that no people are overtly selling feedback.

Has been a widely used tactic of scammers to buy a load of $.50 cent books, blank CD's - anything dirt cheap.

Pay immediately, leave the seller "OMFG - Great E-Bay A +++++++" feedback, and they tend to leave the same for you.

For less than $100 someone can build what appears to be a decent rep.

Start maybe 10 auctions for laptops or other such expensive goods, do a runner with the money - quids in.

sad but true

Matt, I knew this was exactly going on ..... because that's just so obivous , when a seller is advertising Sony Vaio Laptops, pdas ... phones etc.

Then look at the feedback, individually, and all he has bought is stupid items !

Just wasn't aware of actually "buying" feedback ! lol

Well I got my new car kit off eBay, paid on Sunday night and it was delivered to me by Wed!. A couple of quid cheaper than expansys etc nut they were all out of stock as well though I thought I would take a chance... excellent service :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...392848&tc=photo

NokiaCarKit.JPG