Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 To Rav 4? Opinions Please

ok heres the deal

lex is getting on a bit but replacement at least 18 months away

what to change for in the meantime that wont loose an arm and a leg

result rav 4

i know its a big departure but, well ,at least it will be as reliable as the lex and holds it price better than any bmw or audi,, and its a change

anyway wife likes it

test drive tommorrow what can i expect

joy or tears

I was only saying to me misses last night how I like the Rav-4 it's shape is quite different to the others such as the freelander.

If you think about it the Toyota Celica is a nice motor so you cant go wrong!

Let us know how the test drive goes!

Goodluck tomorrow...although I've got a mate who's mother owns a RAV4 and it's a pretty good motor although a huge step down from a Lex IMHO, but if anything still a good motor :).

We have both in our house!

I've got the Lex and my wife has a diesel Rav, 4 door in blue.

Its very nice, not as refined (obviously) as the Lex, but it holds its own, and I find it speedier to drive than my IS auto.

Good driving position allthough the seats arent as comfy..

I dont think I would have another IS- least not until the new model comes in, but as we change them every year, I'd upgrade to the RX or downgrade to a Rav.

My wife really likes it and would defo get another one. (just to pi$$ Mr Livingstone off, as she only uses it for the school run!)

J

I would try and pick up a used RX, the classic style (I think old style is a bit unfair as it's still fresh faced!) as this won't drop much value either. The RAV4 is nice though, has an IS look to the front!

We've also got both in our house - my 200SE and the wife's RAV4 GX, which I often drive at weekends if the family is going out together.

The only thing that I don't like about the RAV4 is the daft design of the rear tailgate hinges which do not allow the tailgate to open open as far as it should. Other than that, well screwed together, good cabin, fairly nippy with the 2 litre VVTC engine, and drives well for a 4x4.

The wife's last car was the old model RAV and, while it was a good car too, the new model is much better, particularly the interior.

ok test drive over, result:

looks good and very well built, prob as good as lex

dislikes... bumpy ride, gearchange 2-3 was bad, footrest,

also thought there would be more rear room than there was

so its a no!

x3 i took out after was nice though, pity it was 10 grand more :)

I had a RAV4 before I got my IS300 - Mine was a 2003 VX in balearic blue

The VX had pretty decent equipment - it had Leather, electric everything and for a 4X4 was very nippy and handled well. I wouldnt go so far as to say it was like a car but not a typical landrover or Jeep type handling. I found you could chuck it round corners pretty quick and it was fun to drive.

Of course you can get shedloads of stuff in the back - I went to buy a new appliance from Currys the other week and had to get it delivered - when I had the RAV I bought a washing machine and just had them load it in the back......

not sure I could go back to the RAV4 after a Lexus IS300 though.....

although when I see RAVs I still think theyre really nice looking motors

Hello All,

Long time no post - but felt imput was needed :-)

I moved from a IS200 up to a IS300, and then swapped to a 2004 Rav4 XT4 - Totally great - yes, its not a Lexus, and Yes its not the same spec, and Yes its not 26k+!!!!!!!!

But *** is it fun.....mine is in Lagoon Blue, had a few mods done like adding the TTE Sports Exhaust, Rear Tints etc (Yes I copied the Lexus). Its Fab - Handles well, bloody economical compared to the Lexy, and its got that Toyota build quality too.....

Have a look and drool :-) (Updated link to garage)

In summary - its a good solid move :-)

Hope this helps.

Rich