Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark Plugs

TheDon

think its time i changed me plugs. was looking at some 4 point bosche ones in Halfords BD9 or something like that

silly buggers only sell them in packs of 4 for £20!! only need 6 mr!!! lol

are they worth getting or am i better off looking else where?

Chris, would definitely recommend the IK20, I have these in my car, and the one's Dave are selling are a step up from these I think - you know you need them :)

SC cars will run better with these higher spec plugs, don't bother with the Halfords *******.

dave, man contacted, awaiting return phonecall to confirm.

Is it worth uprating the plug leads at the same time??? as the plugs.

LAtely the car has been feeling like its developing a few flat spots. generaly about 2500-3500 rpm, quite nasty little ones but only when accelerating on the motorway. wanna see if changing the plugs helps.

Chris,

IS doesnt have plug leads :geek:

Let me know if you want then (plugs) and I will drop them off with the new clutch.

Flat spot..........mine has one from time to time Mark @ TDi says its a feature of the conversion.

Think the s/c has a form of clutch which may cause it ( the judder) sure someone who knows something will be along shortly :winky:

dave, man contacted, awaiting return phonecall to confirm.

Is it worth uprating the plug leads at the same time??? as the plugs.

LAtely the car has been feeling like its developing a few flat spots. generaly about 2500-3500 rpm, quite nasty little ones but only when accelerating on the motorway. wanna see if changing the plugs helps.

you do sometimes get flat spots/stutter if u floor it when at low revs in high gears

but still has a power loss below 3000rpm. rolling road soon :D

supercharger only really comes into play at and above 3000 / 3500 rpm

when i first put the supercharger on it was fine, but there is quite a dead range below 3000rpm now. just doesnt feel right.

never realy looked to see where the plugs got there power from, lol stupid me!!!!

as for the plugs i think i will try the denso ones first then when i got the car doing less miles i will get the HKS ones.

when i first put the supercharger on it was fine, but there is quite a dead range below 3000rpm now. just doesnt feel right.

Have you reset the ECU lately mate? I know the dead area will still be there afterwards but my car just felt **** until I reset the ECU a couple of months back - made a BIG difference - not sure if the settings had screwed up or if I had a bad batch of fuel or something but the reset put the kick back!!!

Dave mate i will have a set Please as i will need them soon :winky:

Marcus--I've put a set by for you want to call round & get em or shall i entrust them to the Post Office..................

dave i will pick them on the weekend 13th Nov, if that is ok with you. :whistling:

Marcus--I've put a set by for you want to call round & get em or shall i entrust them to the Post Office..................

dave i will pick them on the weekend 13th Nov, if that is ok with you. :whistling:

Thats OK PM me on the friday to remind me..............I am old and forgetful :whistling:

Thats OK PM me on the friday to remind me..............I am old and forgetful :whistling:

:lol: will do mate