Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For Ebay Users Out There!

mcwatson

I know there have been a few postings recently about whether eBay can be trusted and the general view is yes and to look out for tell tale signs of dodgy people.

But I just wanted to let those who use it know that this morning, I received an email from what looks completely genuine from eBay saying my bank had contacted them saying some unauthorized activity had been going on and could I log in and update my details. Then it goes on to say it will be asking for my password, credit cards details etc etc which completely made me suspicious. So I did a google on the senders email address and its completely fraudulent and the link from the email takes you to what looks identical to the eBay website but is someone elses and they use all the info you type in and probably clean your account out. For more info, go to

Fraudwatch International Webpage

Some people will go to any lengths to rob ya!! :ph34r:

very well known scam - people copy eBay, paypal, etc sites wholoesale, so when you login your password details are sent to them.

The sites even have a floating <div> that appears over where the address bar is which makes the URL appear to be correct.

This is one area where the Firefox browser is an improvement over IE, most of these sites are written for IE only, as they handle the code differently.

very well known scam - people copy ebay, paypal, etc sites wholoesale, so when you login your password details are sent to them.

The sites even have a floating <div> that appears over where the address bar is which makes the URL appear to be correct.

This is one area where the Firefox browser is an improvement over IE, most of these sites are written for IE only, as they handle the code differently.

Matthew, how good and safe is Firefox? and do i need to uninstall IE6 before i can use Firefox? sorry being off topic :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: