Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So What Are You After When You Get Rid Of The Lex?

aido

OK, there seem to be a lot of people now starting to sell their Lexus' - so what sort of thing are you after next?

Power, luxury, both?

Just being nosey!

Personally I'd like to go down the IS300 with forced induction route next, but if I was to go to something other than Lexus I'd go for the Audi S4 - very nice looking car inside and outside, and superb performance - plus, it's a V8 :)

Have been in M3's etc but it just didn't feel as good all around, I do like the M5 etc it's just that they're pretty common nowadays, but that new M5 looked very nice indeed!

So, what are your plans after the Lex?

Have seen that Chris is planning on the R32 Golf, not so sure about the rest of you though!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choices for possible next addition

Heavyily Modded Soarer TT

Modded V300 Mk 2

Infiniti G35 Coupe (Current 'Skyline' import)

Anyways i'm sure my choices will probably have changed by the time I am old enough to insure any of these :lol:

I'd really love a 350Z. If Lexus made a car like that with a Lexus badge on it I'd be down the stealer with me cheque book!

I suspect we're going to end up with a RX300 SE-L though. We've looked at them before and since we purchased a Honda CR-V for my wife in March, I'm beginning to think I made a mistake. It's a lovely car - SE Exec with leather etc, but the engine just isn't that nice. It's only a four cylinder, and revs at 3750 rpm at 80mph and just sounds toooooo stressed.

We've just come back from a week in the lake district and the CRV is fantastic once you get there - just crap compared to my IS200 on the motorway. However, the IS200 just doesn't go where the CRV can when you get there!

So, I reckon, once the CRV is 3 years old (my IS will be four) we'll sell the IS and the CRV and buy and RX300 SEL for the motorway and lake district work - and then I can treat myself to a fun car.... either a 350 if I can afford the difference between 23k and the 27.5k. Otherwise, it might just be an Elise... :)

I'd really love a 350Z.  If Lexus made a car like that with a Lexus badge on it I'd be down the stealer with me cheque book!

Infiniti do the G35 coupe, which is slighty more upmarket/refined 350z. These are being sold in Japan as the Skyline... so you could get one imported. I reckon they much 'classier' then the 350z.

G35%20Coupe%20Silver%20front%20left3.jpg

What if it looks like a slapped **** though John?

Got to admit I liked the look of the GS, the backend could do a bit of work to make it more unique but the IS is an unknown at the moment!

Personally I'd like to go down the IS300 with forced induction route next, but if I was to go to something other than Lexus I'd go for the Audi S4 - very nice looking car inside and outside, and superb performance - plus, it's a V8

Hate to break up the party mate but the S4 is definately no V8!! You not thinking of the A8?? Maybe the 4.2 Quattro?

Bison :zee:

Personally I'd like to go down the IS300 with forced induction route next, but if I was to go to something other than Lexus I'd go for the Audi S4 - very nice looking car inside and outside, and superb performance - plus, it's a V8

Hate to break up the party mate but the S4 is definately no V8!! You not thinking of the A8?? Maybe the 4.2 Quattro?

Bison :zee:

The S4 is a 4.2 V8 344 BHP I have test driven 3 now

I'd really love a 350Z.  If Lexus made a car like that with a Lexus badge on it I'd be down the stealer with me cheque book!

I suspect we're going to end up with a RX300 SE-L though.  We've looked at them before and since we purchased a Honda CR-V for my wife in March, I'm beginning to think I made a mistake.  It's a lovely car - SE Exec with leather etc, but the engine just isn't that nice.  It's only a four cylinder, and revs at 3750 rpm at 80mph and just sounds toooooo stressed.

We've just come back from a week in the lake district and the CRV is fantastic once you get there - just crap compared to my IS200 on the motorway.  However, the IS200 just doesn't go where the CRV can when you get there!

So, I reckon, once the CRV is 3 years old (my IS will be four) we'll sell the IS and the CRV and buy and RX300 SEL for the motorway and lake district work - and then I can treat myself to a fun car.... either a 350 if I can afford the difference between 23k and the 27.5k.  Otherwise, it might just be an Elise... :)

Don't let the Nissan badge put you off buying a 350Z - I'm going to put my neck on the line here and say that the build quality of the 350Z is far superior to that of my IS200 I used to have.

With regard to the CR-V, you hit the nail on the head, saying it's a 4-pot so you can't expect it to rumble along like a straight 6, but it's by far the most refined of the soft-roaders out there. It could do with a sixth gear though!