Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So What Are You After When You Get Rid Of The Lex?

aido

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what I'd like and what I can have are two completely different things but keeping reality in check, I did like the new Saab 9-3 Sports Saloon (until I drove it), think Audi A4's styling have come on a long long way recently and some models do look good. Not sure I could drive a BMW 3 series (too many people have got them and it boils me to have to spend so much on getting the spec up from standard), would have to be X5 if anything but couldn't afford. Don't fancy the RX8 although one day I see one and think, naah, then the next time, think yeah quite nice! Just don't like the names of Honda, Volkswagon, Peugeot etc and Mercedes are not what they used to be. Father in law has an S class which should be the best quality and service and its very poor (but then the service I get from Lexus currently hits that category for me).

Ideally, I'd love to get the new Hybrid RX300 next year as it combines all the things I want from a vehicle. High up and spacious driving position, half decent performance for a 4x4 and fuel economy that is comparable to more normal cars. Plus all the other things the RX300 has going for it. But I think is out of my price range.

So as you can see, haven't a bloomin clue what car is next!!!

ok where to begin

have looked at alot of cars and all very different.

choices for nxt year are as follows in order

1- nissan 350z (probably will end up buying it!)

2- x5

3-S4 drop top

if i can find extra cash i'd like a

1-merc CL

2-porsche 993 on say a 97plate (love the old shape)

3-porsche 996 carrera

4- was thinkin of ordering a range rover sport depending on price and delivery date, mite make profit after 6months on it if waiting list is big enough.

can get insured on all the cars except the porsche 993 but can always work around these things

I am going to ruin this post but depending on what the next gen of Lexus are like it will be one of those. However I could be tempted into the Vauxhall V8 aussie thing. Rather it have the Holden badge on though

Saw a Monaro on the road for the first time this morning coming into work on the A40. Only had seen in pictures before now. Was in silver and with the standard spoiler kit (I think), looked rather mean!!

I'm afraid my next car is likely to be a Skoda Octavia Estate Diesel!! Simply can't afford to keep the Lex much longer! It will probably go after my wedding next June. I wanna use it for the wedding ya see!

I find the IS too impractical, with no split folding rear seats etc. Can't afford to go the Sportcross route either.

What if it looks like a slapped **** though John?

Got to admit I liked the look of the GS, the backend could do a bit of work to make it more unique but the IS is an unknown at the moment!

then i'll cry!

i cant see it being that bad though. i didnt like the new 5 series when that came out but really like them now :tomato:

theres elements of the new gs i dont like but dont think id ever go for a gs cos they're too big for me.

i quite like the vauxhall monaro after seeing it on top gear, saw one earlier this year in altrincham, didnt know what it was and was amazed to see a vauxhall badge on something so good looking.

To be honest, it will depend on my mood..

I really want a TVR - a nice V8 Cerbera, and came very close to trading the IS for one...

If I have my sensible head on, it will be a diesel, probably Audi or similar..

Most likely will be somewhere in between, A3 3.2 Quattro, A4 2.5TDi or something..

Apart from claire............everybody else including myself wants a different car/brand ..............makes me wonder whats the point of the club when onle 3 members actually covert their lex :angry: .............i know that this is hyopethitical.....but what about allegience to the best cars ever produced, how many lex have u see broken down at the sid of the motorway? :crybaby:

That's one of the reasons that Lexus is not doing that well in Europe.

There is just not enough choice to keep current customers within the brand.

Not enough engine choice (especially no Diesel), aging current model range (when was the last time a new Lexus came out), ...

There is a lot to do by Lexus in Europe ...

That's one of the reasons that Lexus is not doing that well in Europe.

There is just not enough choice to keep current customers within the brand.

Not enough engine choice (especially no Diesel), aging current model range (when was the last time a new Lexus came out), ...

There is a lot to do by Lexus in Europe ...

yep, i think that pretty much sums it up!

Well I'll either stick with the luxury of the Lexus brand and have a fun toy (elise, caterham, TVR etc) for summer use or I'll get a high performance beast. S4 cabrio is tempting.....

I'm just a young pup though and need to get a house sorted out first!

Before I bought my GS, I was looking at getting a 3Ltr Camry,or a lexus.

I had hired a Camry when we were in Oz, and found it comfortable and a nice drive.

Lexus poole swayed me towards Lexus when I visited their Stand at the New Forrest Show.

For me it's Lexus all the way, besides where else will I chat to such great people