Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Passenger Door Vibrating

aido

I've been meaning to post about this for ages but haven't got round to it - for the last few months whenever I've had any music on with any bass at all I am getting bad vibrations coming from the rear of the car, at first I thought it was the Origin GPS receiver vibrating on something but I think the noise is coming from the rear passenger side door - is this a common problem, and is there an easy fix, or is it more serious?

I've got the radio with the CD at the top so it's not as bassy as the old one, and I usually have bass on 3 or 4 so it's not at the highest - if it's ever on 5 it never stops buzzing!!!

The car is out of warranty now so I'm fooked :o

Thanks in advance

I've been meaning to post about this for ages but haven't got round to it - for the last few months whenever I've had any music on with any bass at all I am getting bad vibrations coming from the rear of the car, at first I thought it was the Origin GPS receiver vibrating on something but I think the noise is coming from the rear passenger side door - is this a common problem, and is there an easy fix, or is it more serious?

I've got the radio with the CD at the top so it's not as bassy as the old one, and I usually have bass on 3 or 4 so it's not at the highest - if it's ever on 5 it never stops buzzing!!!

The car is out of warranty now so I'm fooked :o

Thanks in advance

push your bare a*s against it mate! :D :D :D

:lol: @ Steve - you're joking mate but a couple of weeks back after a works' do I got ****** up and left **** prints all over someone's brand new Audi - don't worry folks as he was joining in at the time as we all thought it was funny!

You should have seen it the next morning - the thing was covered in **** prints all over the bonnet and all the way round the rest of the car - the morning mist just made it all stand out more :lol: Looked like some bird had been given a right seeing too that night!

@ Matt - to be honest mate i should have phrased that better - the door vibrates when music with any bass is playing - mid and treble are fine, it's just when a bass drum or bass line kicks in. The stuff I listen to isn't hard by any means, it's all easy going stuff!

Will have a go with the door - just haven't had time to sit and figure out what's causing the problem, it seemed to calm down a bit when I put pressure onto the glass section - could just be a coincedence though? I'm going to try and test it out one night after work but the problem is finding somewhere I can sit with the music up loud to replicate the problem without someone trying to nick the car :lol:

Thanks guys ;)

If the door is 'buzzing' its likely to be the door card vibrating against the inner skin. Get hold of some foam or similar and place it between door card and inner door skin = problem solved. You should also get less noise from outside :) I got some acoustic foam from a guy on eBay, and will be doing this myself along with some dynamat extreme to make sure I keep unwanted noise out, and the tunes :)