Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Spoiler To Have ?

MrADeveci

What spoiler do you prefer ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What spoiler do you prefer ?

• IS300 Lip with Brake Light
    • IS200 High Level with Brake Light

Hi peeps, as you can see in the pictures below, I currently have the slightly higher level spoiler, with the third brake light.

I have seen a few .... including "aido's" car (same colour as mine) with the Lip spoiler, and I can't really decide which I like better - can we have some ideas and opinions please.

If I decide to go for the lip spoiler with the brake light (IS300 style) - then I'll be placing my current spoiler up for either a swap / or for sale !

So any suggestions would be appreciated ..... thanks !

spoiler_left.jpg

spoiler_back.jpg

spoiler_right.jpg

Although this hasn't got the brake light, it's an idea .....

abk.sized.jpg

abn.sized.jpg

Cheers !

Scarface,

I am thinking of adding a spoiler soon, and i am undecided. I am leaning towards a lip spoiler with no brake light, but that could all change!!

I much prefer the lip spoiler and the brake light (in my opinion) makes it even nicer. The high level one looks too much like its been 'added' after wards but thats maybe because I added a similar one to my Sierra lots of years ago and didn't like it!! Don't know what the altezza spoiler looks like without a picture!

I dont think the holes are in the same place as the lip spoiler so it may mean a trip to the bodyshop for some filler. :)

Hmm ... I knew someone would come along and say that !

I had a feeling this might be the case !

I have the high level spoiler on mine, the same as brettster does, and after having that on the car, i wouldn't have another kind!

Check out the garage link below if you want to have a look at it!

Stu

BTW: The Lip spoiler (esp TTE) is the only approved aerodynamic mod that can do sth for you and the driving behavior of your car at higher speeds.

For you: It looks best.

The car: A little less aof aerodynamic resistance. A approved downforce at your backend.

It is said, after fittig bigger wheels it will be difficult to run into vmax.

After fitting the rear spoiler the car will go into the vmax like normal (perhaps a bit better).

So its not only the look ;)

Personally my favorite is the very small TTE lip spoiler, like what you get on the M3 etc, think Canter was selling some of these a while back for around £50?

I thought about changing to that but the problem I've got is that I would then have holes in the boot from the existing spoiler and the small lip would not cover them up so I gave up on the idea!!!

• 3 months later...

definately the lip spoiler. having mine all fitted up while its at the body shop (only been sitting in the garage for 14 months)

altho im having mine blended into the boot so it looks like its all one piece

definately the lip spoiler. having mine all fitted up while its at the body shop (only been sitting in the garage for 14 months)

altho im having mine blended into the boot so it looks like its all one piece

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I prefer the IS200 High Level Spoiler with Break Light!

HOWEVER.....

In your particular case I think it looks abit naff in Granite Sky (much better in a blue, black, green, aztec etc) so the lip spoiler with brake light looks good with your particular colour.

Gordon's spoiler is nice too - think its the TTE one.