Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS 300 Problems **HELP**

Hey, I am a owner of a 2001 Lexus IS 300, and I needed some opinions of others who own one... I am having problems when it comes to shifting, its kind of rough shifting.... and sometimes the car downshifts it self in weird places, like going through the parking lot... and sometimes like when going slow, for example in the parking lot and u want to speed up you hit the gas, and it kinda stays in nuetral for a minute...revs for like 1 or 2 seconds, then gets into gear..anyone experiencing these problems?

Also there is a Crackel in the dash, I have the carbon fiber dash, but I dont think it is the carbon fiber, I think its the Stereo face...its like crackin......real annoying..if anyone is experiencing these problems on there lexus let me know , or other feel free to comment on what I should do...I've took it in several times, and they tell me just to keep ETC Power mode on to keep the shifting smoother, which doesnt really help that much....

Anyway.. replys would help

Thanks

-Kyle

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have a 2002 IS300, but haven't noticed any bugs like yours, yet. This car park thing, is it when it is cold. The engine rev's higher when it's cold and it tends to jerk a bit when you let the brakes off, but that is unavoidable, I would have thought. Hope you sort it out :).

Later

I have the same problems with gear changes, which i try to solve by driving fast. :lol: Well jokes aside the gear changing thing is annoying and it happens when the car is at about 5-10mph. It JERKS into gear..is that right? Lately I haven't had that problem. There is also a delay before acceleration, which is annoying too. Have you driven it hard in manual? It's not quite as thrilling as a gearstick manual, but there is less delay in the acceleration and you can take the revs further. I dunno!!!!:P

Not noticed the gear chane problem but have some problem with the radio, goes click [silence time is variable] click on again (how on earth do you type a problem like that). Is in the menders today so will let you know what the result is.

Hi there and bonjour,

This WE we went for a short trip of 400kms, I tried the manual one on twisted road, most of the time on highway I let the automatic on.

Anyway I didn't notice your problems, on auto the car is really soft on first and second gear.

In auto the 4ft gears comes up to 180-190 km/h, the things is that if you press until the final the accelerator, the revs go up to 6000rpm.

Anyway cruising on highway with the speed cruising on at 150km/h, the engine works around 3200rpm, with much silence than the IS200.

The only thing who's really getting me off is the stability control, maybe the sportcross can go faster in twisted roads, but the IS200 was a lot funier with maybe less velocity, but with more impressions.

I tried getting the sportcross without the anti slipery system, not much difference.

The second things are the Yokohama tires, they seem noiser than the Dunlops

BR

Vince

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links