Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wood Dash Kits

chib1177

hi there,

has anyone ever fitted a wood dash kit to their is200 or know of anyone that has.

i was considering fitting one but i wondered what they looked like fitted ( any pics would be appreciated )

also are they any good ? ive seen one or two around on the net but you cant get a good idea just by looking at the screen.

anyone with any ideas feel free to pass them on, coz i dont want to get one just to find out that they are crap and a waste of money.

cheers

thanks a lot ill await a reply.

does anyone know if its feasable to use the wood dash kits that are made for the is300 on my is200, i have found loads of good ones on american sites and they look identical other than the auto box part ( mines a manual ) . also it shouldnt matter about left and right hand drive should it, dont you just swap the kit around.

my folks live in the usa so i could get one easy enough, but im just not sure if the is200 and 300 are the same interior parts.

can anyone shed any lightthanks

chris

does anyone know if its feasable to use the wood dash kits that are made for the is300 on my is200, i have found loads of good ones on american sites and they look identical other than the auto box part ( mines a manual ) . also it shouldnt matter about left and right hand drive should it, dont you just swap the kit around.

Toyota/Lexus build their cars properly for both LHD and RHD so yes it does matter unlike European manufacturers who just build a LHD model and move the steering wheel over leaving all the controls the same.

Things like the hazard warning button, stereo controls, handbrake etc will be reversed.

thanks for the advice.

saved me a major ***** up trying to install an american dash kit in my car.

the only problem with the ones in the uk they dont have the glovebox kit or the door panels like the american ones.

ill keep looking

thanks

I found a real burlwood dash kit on one of the sites in the us, it had not only the door mirror pieces but also a long piece to cover some of the cream plastic door card.

it also had a full glovebox piece full air vents and rear ashtray pieces.

all in all it was about 34 pieces.

looked great value at around $250 delivered to my mums in florida, but if it doesnt fit the uk model like colin said i wont bother.

looks like ill have to get some parking sensors and some toms eyelids instead.