Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Should You Wear Your Seatbelt?

One of my ex-boyfriends would never, ever wear a belt and was involved in a low-speed accident and hit the windscreen. Luckily he wasn't seriously hurt (left with a nasty scar though), but he hasn't learnt his lesson and still, as far as I know, won't wear a belt.

Fool!

On saying that though ............. has anyone seen that corvette clip in america, where police were chasing the corvette doing 165mph ?

The car crashed into the back of a lorry on the motorway (freeway) then spun out a few times and flew off the road.

The bloke was thrown out of his car and landed on grass, because he "wasn't" wearing a seat belt.

Has he have been wearing a seat belt, he would have been crushed in the car ..... then again, he shouldn't have been in a stolen car anyway ... but you know what I mean !!

on a similar note i hate to see people who wear open faced crash helmets on bikes

I have seen photos of what the road versus an open face crash helmet can do (hope they liked being able to eat solid food.

Cant see how they are legal but hey, i choose not to wear one.

I always wear the seat belt as it makes me fell so much safer, altho i think the biggest cause for concern are people who sit too close to their steering wheel. i.e short ladies who have the seat right up the the wheel.

even the air bag wont help them!

I always wear a seat belt, I've never seen the problem with wearing one unlike some people (mainly boy racers) who think its "uncool" to wear one!! ;)

Any way, if you don't wear one and have a little bump how are you going to sue for wip lash!!!! :D :D :whistling:

I fully support wearing seat belts and think in 99% of cases, its for the better. You only have to look at the bruising produced on your body that the belt causes when you've had a bad whack to show how much force your body would have generated had you not been wearing one.

What makes my blood boil are the large number of absolute irresponsible parents who belt up themselves, but allow their children to climb all over the car whilst driving. If they are not climbing over the back seats, they are standing between the two front seats or even worse, they are standing on the passenger seat with their hands on the dash board and their faces inches from the windscreen. I'd be gutted for the kids if something nasty happened to them as they don't know any different but I'd have little sympathy for the parents!!