Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Shudder

Claire G

I've just started getting wheel shudder (felt through the steering wheel) when I brake from 60 mph+ - don't get it at lower speeds- is this likely to be the brakes needing changing? They're not screeching at all, but this is the only thing I can think of.

Just wanted opinions/advice before I have to take it to the garage.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
Sounds like the discs have started to warp. Probably due to the wheel nuts not being tightened up correctly.

Undo the nuts and tighten correctly to avoid it getting worse - it may even fix the problem

Hmm have the same prob between 55 and 30 only when i really brake hard, is this the same thing, theres no drifting in the steering and it otherwise feels planted when going round corners :nuke:

My wheels shudder badly between 50-65 mph? why at all other speeds including 110mph (landing strip only!) and at 50 smooth as a billiard table................any ideas guys.....?poor balancing plus my fronts are pretty worn on both sides

cheers guys will

Well My GS has been back 3 times now for this reason

first time they changed the front discs, 2nd time they changed the rear discs and 3rd time they changed the ball joints and now it seems to be sorted out.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just started getting wheel shudder (felt through the steering wheel) when I brake from 60 mph+ - don't get it at lower speeds-  is this likely to be the brakes needing changing? They're not screeching at all, but this is the only thing I can think of.

Just wanted opinions/advice before I have to take it to the garage.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Well wheels fitted by the firm who refurbed them, major shudder thru braking and plus red brake warning light on last week, wheels off(powder coating preventing use of the wheel brace), any fouling powder coating removed, front pads changed thinking pads on way out, and wheels back on and carefully torqued all round.

Whoo hoo, no shudder at all, at any speed of braking and pedal travel back to normal BUT red light remains! Any ideas. Back pads and discs changed about 3 thousand miles ago

cheers

Omar

Ok wish id read the forums before doshin out £30 on mintex pads n having a wee afternoon o chibbed knuckles n comments bout my arse showing! Went out checked rear brakelights n now so sorted n in definite moody wi myself!

Bit new to this really nice intelligent motor sort o thing after years o "classic" fords n landrovers

Doh!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links