Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hazards Lights/brake Noise

atce4

Hi Guys,

Not sure if either are normal...your comments would be appreciated.

With the engine off, handbrake on, and the gear lever selected to PARK, when I remove the ignition key occasionally the hazard lights flash a couple of times then stop. Just wondered if this a a quirk of the security/alarm system or first signs of an impending problem?

Also, is it normal for the front brake pads (I think) to make a loud noise when, having reversed, I then apply the brakes going forward? Seems a lot worse when the car is first used in the morning or has been left to cool down for a while. Again your comments, as ever, are eagerly anticipated!

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Not sure if either are normal...your comments would be appreciated.

With the engine off, handbrake on, and the gear lever selected to PARK, when I remove the ignition key occasionally the hazard lights flash a couple of times then stop. Just wondered if this a a quirk of the security/alarm system or first signs of an impending problem?

Also, is it normal for the front brake pads (I think) to make a loud noise when, having reversed, I then apply the brakes going forward? Seems a lot worse when the car is first used in the morning or has been left to cool down for a while. Again your comments, as ever, are eagerly anticipated!

Cheers

i dont have an uato so cant help u there but the brake pads is a normal thing, u have some little springs in the caliper that "position" the pads and these can wear and then cause the sound, if it really bothers u u can get new springs ( and it will come back) or u can apply a little copper/nickle grease to the springs to get rid of it