Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any One Cooking The Is On Gas?

Fatbillslim

yes lpg is a dry fuel and burns a little hotter and the exaust valve will suffer from valve seat reseasion and the is200 dosent have hydrolic lifters that would compensate for this. the fix is a flash loop kit simular to the one for running leaded car on unleaded i have done a gs300 aristo as well as my own and many cars without hydrolic lifters no problem.

I took my IS 200 (2004 model) to a reputable local garage to have it convertes for LPG. They have been unable to do it as there is no fuel return to the petrol tank. This will apparently cause problems with the fuel pump and the ECU reading to fuel pressure to high. The garage were going to fit a flash lube kit and came highly recommended by a number of people. Any ideas anyone.... want to get it coverted and start saving money

we have done a return-less fuel system on a few cars with out a problem but not the is200.

i think i can get around this problem, if it accoured, you would emulate the fuel preasure sensor and shut the pump down. easy.

the only problem i have on mine is that the petrol gague is computer controled and shows im using petrol on when on gas this reset's it self but i havent worked out the inervul it does this

my spelling makes me look stupid but im dislexic hope u can read this

Glad i read this before i thought about getting a conversion done on mine!

I was looking for a way to improve the fuel economy, preferably without busting the engine, so i guess i'll have to keep looking for that money saving solution!

Stu

"FACT" lpg dosent damage the valves if you fit a flash loop

i was being sarcastic b4 to "songguangjun"

any one on gas with burnt valves or valve seat reseasion went to a bad installer

the gs300 i did was a taxi, see him evry 12 month for a service nothing elce

Flashlube is valve lubrication system. Like the additive you use on old cars when converting from 4 star leaded fuel to unleaded except you don't mix it with the fuel it is automatically injected. You do have to kept an eye on it to make sure you don't run out and adds slightly to the running costs.

It seems a lot of companies are now installing this system on all their installations so there must have been quite a few valve problems.

http://www.vanmeenen.com/LPG-autogas-Vlaan...g/flashlube.htm

as i only work for a garage im not trying to sell installs because it won't benafit me (infact i would hate to do another) and i haven't give contact info, i apologise if it looks like i am,

we only fit the kits to cars with no-hydrolic lifters as the sinking valve will burn the seat when it fail to seal compleatley

in all honesty i haven't got round to fitting any lube kits because i don't like the systems thay look ugly im after an alloy oil catch tank to make a nicer looking bottle im not in no rush either.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links