Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chatering Charger

GHAM

hi all..has anyone had any problems with a clunky

sound coming from the supercharger?(TTE Compressor kit)

Is the oil reservoir ment to be toped all the way to the top?

Thanks for any help,it will be most appreciated!

Graham(in New Zealand)

hi all..has anyone had any problems with a clunky

sound coming from the supercharger?(TTE Compressor kit)

Is the oil reservoir ment to be toped all the way to the top?

Thanks for any help,it will be most appreciated!

Graham(in New Zealand)

if u mean it is clunky/ chatters when the engine is at idle but sounds "normal" when the revs are increased slightly, then according to Eaton this is perfectly normal, all u are hearing is the gearing mechanism in the nose drive.

the supercharger contains a "sealed for life" oil reservoir and shouldnt require any servicing for the life of the supercharger.

I've got a clattery sound coming from the engine bay but it is where one of the supports on the supercharger cradle snapped - I've not had it fixed yet and it's been like it 6 months :o

Might be worth checking the cradle just in case as it's a common problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

having a real nightmare with this problem now,the three little screws have snaped,and my charger is blowing little if not no boost..would any of you know where i could aquire torque settings for the cover on the front of the charger as i need to have my local Toyota dealership pull it apart,they tell me it sounds like a drive shaft bearing..

any help would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks;Graham

http://www.harrop.com.au/ authorised service centre for eaton superchargers.

what screws are u talking about, the ones on the plastic cover? has the toyota dealer had experience rebuilding or troubleshooting superchargers before?

for a lack of pressure firstly check ur bypass valve is operating correctly, to check the supercharger output just disconnect one of the main pipes start the car and u should have a mild stream of warm air, this flow will obviously increase with RPM

have u checked that ALL of the pipe connections are tight and that the pipes are properly inserted in to the sleeves?

if u remove the supercharger and take off the outflow adaptor ( the cone shaped bit underneath) u can have a good look at the lobes and the casing and see if anything is damaged. - post a picture of this if u can - u should look for scored lobe edges/scored casing, coating loss, oil deposits.

OH AND THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION OF ALL: what if any modifications have u done to the engine, includes intakes etc.

thanks for all your help. 

Modifications done K and N element, pullie kit and headers.

What I am really after is the torque settings, any idea where I can get them? 

Cheers

Graham

i have told u already where u can get the info from, look at my post above ^^^^ harrop are a service centre send them an email!

Hey me again..sorry last Question promise

Been looking all day and cant find what im looking for.

Does any one know the modle number of the eaton supercharger and it aint (AM27906)thats the kit..could it be AM27531? :huh:

They sent me this..............

"There should be a small bar-code sticker on the side of the casting that is sandwiched between the front cover and the main housing. If so, please advise of the numbers on the bar-code sticker"

Thanks for all your help Graham ;)

Does any one know the modle number of the eaton supercharger and it aint (AM27906)thats the kit..could it be AM27531? :huh:

"There should be a small bar-code sticker on the side of the casting that is sandwiched between the front cover and the main housing. If so, please advise of the numbers on the bar-code sticker"

thats whats on mine to graham (AM-27531)

its a M45 supercharger, from thier description it sounds like u need to take the drive extension cover off ( the bit at the front with all the bolts in it) i would double check with them that this is what they mean tho, assuming they mean the supercharger model/serial number and not the TTE kit number.

Sorry forgot my spectacales again...thanks for your help dude..

Its not a TDI kit as i had one made up and tested by an engineer,boost is up to 5lb..

as far as i am aware the standard pulley on the supercharger allows the pressure to be up to 0.3 bar or about 4.5 PSI anyway :excl: ARE YOU 100% IT IS RUNNING AS 5 PSI??

did u have a noticable performance increase? if so it is a bit more than 5 psi, also which pulley was changed? the one on the water pump( the big one) or the one on the supercharger?

Thanks for all tour help people!

M45 is what I was after!..

The max Boost is 0.5 bar not 5psi sorry :blink: .I had the water pump pulley changed,the engineer did a verry nice job!

I'll get back to Harrop today and see what they can find out..If I get any interesting info I'll leet youl know.

Cheers Graham.