Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Corrosion

Adie

Hi everyone, just bought a lexus IS 200 S and annoying my mates by talking about it non stop. Only problem, the corroding wheels. My 3 year warranty only just up (September) and the car only done 30, 000 miles. Lexus GB has told me to contact Lexus Coventry or Leicester, ( two closest to me). They will look at my wheels and then advise. Has any one used either dealer or know of one that will take pity on me ? Cheers

Not much help I'm afraid but my old IS200 S with the 16" wheels seemed to suffer quite badly, I wonder if it is more common or more of a problems with 16" than 17"?

Might be worth finding out if they were changed under warranty in the last 12 months as you have only just bought the car - if so then the alloys should come with 12 months warranty definitely and you should be able to replace them! They should have changed them when you bought it if they were corroded then - can you prove it? Did you take any photo's when it was new?

None the less if the dealer is reputable then they should swap them for you (you should mention that you will be servicing the car with them as a sweetner), still the alloys are 2 a penny so they should change them no hassle!

I'm on my 4th set so far and my IS is only 2 1/2 years old (of which I've only owned it for 1 1/2 years!) and that is only 'cos I am fussy and check them every week.

Good luck!

Took the car to Lexus - Coventry. The service manager had a look at the wheels then phoned Lexus GB. They are going to replace the alloys. But i have to pay for labour, because its out of warranty, which i dont mind. So hats off to Coventry. Hope the new alloys dont suffer the same corrosion problem!!