Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc/toc Run To The Ring

sorted avensis

As some of you are aware TOC Goldmember's recently did a "Run to the Ring" trip but what you may not be aware off is we bumped into one of our Euromembers who is a mod on the German Toyota Club (XLarge) who told us of a big Toyota meet at the ring on good friday, so as we enjoyed it so much last time TOC/LOC is once again on our travel's for this one :winky:

The one thing i can tell you is we will be staying in "Koblenz" aprox 30clicks from the ring but as we are all driving that is no probs :driving: You will be staying in the hotel for 3 night's, 24th, 25th & 26th of March and returning home on the 27th.

We will all be arriving at our hotel on the 24th, then having a few beer's once we are checked in.

Good Friday, off to the ring for the meet and for those that are up for it a few laps around.

The saturday, no meet just a full on track attack but if unsure ask for a passenger ride first

The Sunday, back to Blighty

***If you are unsure of your driving ability then treat the ring as a normal road at normal road speed's, nobody will think anythink less off you by doing so but remember to drive on the right and indicate to the right so to let the faster car's pass you on the left***

Northern peep's will be travelling North Sea Ferries and once we have an idea of numbers you will need to pay your ferry and your hotel to me asap, we will be traveling NSF to Zeebrugge, then 3 nights in the hotel which in my case save's 720miles.

Southern peep's, your going by Speedferries to Boulogne and Knowlson is your convoy leader to Kolbenz but once we have the number's you will need to pay for your accomadation in Koblenz.

Im defo interested in this. Koblenz is a beautiful part of Germany, right on the Rhine, with a fab Castle on a cliff, and ACE beer. I went there about 10 years ago for the Rhine in Flames festival.

I would be interested in this trip Ken, dependent on cost obviously, and Im not entirely sure about my work committments yet, but I would love to come for it if I can.

Im defo interested in this.  Koblenz is a beautiful part of Germany, right on the Rhine, with a fab Castle on a cliff, and ACE beer.  I went there about 10 years ago for the Rhine in Flames festival.

I would be interested in this trip Ken, dependent on cost obviously, and Im not entirely sure about my work committments yet, but I would love to come for it if I can.

For Southern members the costs are £50 return for the ferry, aprox 100 euro's for the 3 nights in the hotel plus petrol, food & drink and your laps round the ring.

Northerner's as above except the ferry will be around £160 to £190 depending on numbers but i'll be saving 720 miles off the trip so pays for itself in petrol by not going down to Dover and crossing over their.

Im defo interested in this.  Koblenz is a beautiful part of Germany, right on the Rhine, with a fab Castle on a cliff, and ACE beer.  I went there about 10 years ago for the Rhine in Flames festival.

For Southern members the costs are £50 return for the ferry, aprox 100 euro's for the 3 nights in the hotel plus petrol, food & drink and your laps round the ring.

Northerner's as above except the ferry will be around £160 to £190 depending on numbers but i'll be saving 720 miles off the trip so pays for itself in petrol by not going down to Dover and crossing over their.

Thats excellent - we need to book early though cos with it being easter time, the costs will go up nearer the time !

My misses says Im allowed to go aswell - dont know wots up with her ! :lol:

Thats excellent - we need to book early though cos with it being easter time, the costs will go up nearer the time !

My misses says Im allowed to go aswell - dont know wots up with her !  :lol:

NSF have already added the "Easter Time" surcharge so that price is fixed dependant of final numbers of peeps going plus the number of cars but i'm hoping to get enough to get a group discount off them :winky: , Speedferries don't care what time off the year it is or how long you are abroad for they just charge £50 return :D

So that just leave's the hotel and according to the company i'm dealing with the price is fixed for when we book first week in feb ;) I'll will need the NSF and the hotel pennies by the last week in January and i'll let you know by the second week in January exactly how much it will be.

Pete you are coming NSF btw?

Mat, i take it you will already be over there, are you staying with us at the hotel or are you off back home each day?

this sounds like a great trip but dont think i'll be able to come, if all goes to plan i will be moving house and office roundabouts then.

is this a trip we could do every year? if theres enough peeps obviously?

• 2 weeks later...
is this a trip we could do every year? if theres enough peeps obviously?

This will be every year John ;)

Current list attending is-

North

Ken

Fizz

Jaxx (passenger)

Stu8

Mazda Boy

Corollakid20valve

Pete Jenkin

Alan Bradley?

Moffmo?