Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Made The Change!

After having my IS200SE for about 3 years it became time to consider my next options. Wanted to stay with Lexus but like so many others wanted to step away from the lack of grunt and the dodgy gearbox.

So, the obvious choice became the IS300. My local dealer had a lovely blue used SportCross Navigator with just under 8k on the clock and I made it mine. I'm loving it.

During the first couple of weeks it was really thirsty but it's calming down now. I think that, as the car was an ex-Lexus owned car, it was probably driven with a heavy right foot and now the ECU is learning my (generally) easier-going style.

The only problem I've currently got is problems when starting but a bit of searching here suggests that a reprogramming of the ECU should sort this so I'll have a chat with the dealer. The sat-nav DVD is a 2001 disk despite my car being an April 2003 model so I want to see if I can get that sorted out relatively economically too. Apparently they're released every two years and there's a new version coming out in January.

Absolutely no regrets here.

Pete

Made the same change myself 6 weeks ago. After 1200 miles the car is starting to bed down nicely, and thankfully if doing more than 21 mpg!

Had the Lexus voice control phone put in 2 weeks ago and it is very cool, as it mutes the radio and you have a little set of buttons to control it.

Apart from that, going very nicely thankyou.

Had the Lexus voice control phone put in 2 weeks ago and it is very cool, as it mutes the radio and you have a little set of buttons to control it.

I had the Nokia Bluetooth kit installed in mine. It's great. No wires or holders needed and all you see is the little silver button on the dash and the microphone up on the A-pillar.

Pete

The guys at Swindon Lexus fitted the speaker in the passenger footwell (the main box is behind the glove compartment). My little button is in the the natural 'V' shape of the dash just to the left of the right hand air vent.

Now all I've got to do is wait for my new phone network provider to get my number ported and I'm all set to go!!

Pete