Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ever got the wrong car?

I really thought my car was being stolen at the weekend. I live in a street with terraced housing and had parked my car next to a neighbours MPV. I'd been out on foot and when I walked back along the street, still some way off my house, the lights on a silver car next to the MPV flashed twice - just like a lexus unlocking...then someone got in it... and it drove off towards me...then I saw that it really was a platinum silver IS200...then I saw it was dirty - phew - I'd washed mine that day. Doh! I'd parked behind the MPV - this IS200 was in-front. OK so it wasn't nicked but how common are IS200s getting!?

Has anyone else ever got the wrong car?

[Edited on 22-1-2002 by javadude]

Javadude--you should have waved the car down and introduce the driver to our new web site. I can e-mail you a windscreen flyer i have produced just incase you come across any other Lexii !!!:smilegrin:

I did think about diving in-front to make them stop so I could drag them from "my" car. I didn't think about using the same technique for getting a new member!

Yes - if you could email me the flyer that would be great. I guess it would be good to get it into the downloads section too.

A colleague once stood by my car furiously pressing every button on his key to unlock his IS200 but with no success - meanwhile his car stood behind him - boot open, lights flashing...:D