Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Christmas Drinking Limits

TheDon

Could you please post up the guidelines for the drink limits etc and what kind of things to look out for as christmas is coming up and im sure we will all be offered a drink or too.

would be good to get a refresher!

Plus people sud beware that a lot of pubs now do single measures of spirits at 35-40ml not the old 25ml.

So beware.

Thanks in advance

Around Christmas time I am always offered a drink by my clients,and each time I have to refuse,One won't hurt they say,but when you are working with animals,and driving from client to client ,one is one to many in my book,and if you are not sure of how much you can drink,ie half pint or one pint, one short or two,and each persons tollerances to alcahol can differ from the next.

All in all if you are driving, no matter what time of year,DON'T DRINK

well can we just have the list up of limits to refresh peoples memories as to "legal" limits.

thank you

The legal limit in the UK is 80 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood, but there is no failsafe guide as to how much you can drink and stay under the limit. The amount and type of alcoholic drink and your weight, s*x, age and metabolism will all play their part.

Fifty per cent of the alcohol in half a pint of beer can be in the bloodstream of an average person within 10 minutes, and all of the alcohol will be absorbed within an hour.

On a Saturday night out drinking, by midnight you may have a blood alcohol level of 200mg/100ml. If you get up at 7.30am this will have dropped to around 90mg/100ml and you will still be over the legal limit. By midday you will be down to around 20mg/100ml and under the legal limit but your driving may still be affected and you could be guilty of an offence

624,000 drivers were stopped for a breath test in 2001 in England and Wales.

Even a small amount of alcohol will make you a worse driver. You don't judge speed and distance so well and your reactions are not as fast.

The only safe way is not to drink at all if you are driving.

And the police are now much better at recognising signs of drug use, so you're more likely to get caught. - did you know cannabis shows in urine for up to four weeks after taking it? -The police can carry out tests and will prosecute.

The penalties are the same as for drink driving. You face a minimum one year driving ban, a fine of up to £5,000, and six months jail.

drink drive advert video

On a Saturday night out drinking, by midnight you may have a blood alcohol level of 200mg/100ml. If you get up at 7.30am this will have dropped to around 90mg/100ml and you will still be over the legal limit. By midday you will be down to around 20mg/100ml and under the legal limit but your driving may still be affected and you could be guilty of an offence

Once a long time ago I drank quite a bit while out one evening. Next day I had a long drive and felt funny. Took me a while to work out why. I'd never have driven after drinking the same day but realised later I must have still had alcohol sloshing around in me from the day before. Been very careful since. Mind you I don't drink much these days.

I agree that it should be none and the law should be changed to reflect it but if I've ever been tempted, I think take a few moments to consider the implications of getting pulled over. Once your nicked, you carry the bad name of a Drink Driver, you struggle to get insured and for those who will insure you, your pay multiples of what you paid before. Many insurance companies don't just ask if you've been convicted of DD in the past number of years, they ask if you've EVER been convicted. Then there is the hassle of getting around without your motor. Add on the embarressment of going to court, explaining to your family, friends and work colleagues why you can't drive. And then there's the possible implications you could cause to other people by doing do. Crashing, hurting, possibly killing innocent people just cos you thought it was easier to do so.

And if that doesn't put you off, then think how you'd get by not being able to drive your Lex for 12, 24, however many months!!!!!!

Hello all .......

The actual legal limit in the met is a reading of "35" on the EBM (electronic breath machine) machine back at the police station.

However the "Metropolitan Police Service" do not prosecute drivers up to a reading of "40".

So ...... anything that's 41 or over, you will get prosecuted and goto court, - the judge has no discretion but to empose at least one years disqualification.

My advice is if your going to drink anything, DONT DRIVE.

People are under this impression, "oh well two pints is fine" well actually it's not.

What you have to understand, that alcohol effects people in different ways, me personally I hardly ever drink, so two pints for me could put me over the legal limit, where as some of us beer monsters could drink 5 - 6 pints, and just be over the limit.

Easy solution ? - get a cab, train, bus ..... or WALK.

Don't risk loosing your licence people, and have a great christmas !

Regards,

If I drink I usually stay over, just book into the local IBIS or cadge a lift home. Don't feel comfortable drinking and driving, there's no need.

I occasionally have the one bottle of Bud and drive but I know my hand to eye co-ordination is ****** when I've had a beer so avoid it whenever possible...

What with the likes of Red Bull on the market I don't feel as bad not drinking as I used to a few years back when you stood out like a sore thumb to be honest.

I know people at the other end of the extreme, I used to go to a private gentleman's club (not a titty bar btw) and no end of that lot would have at least six pints and drive home. Not one of them ever got done which is wrong......

I know people at the other end of the extreme, I used to go to a private gentleman's club (not a titty bar btw) and no end of that lot would have at least six pints and drive home. Not one of them ever got done which is wrong......

To be honest mate, those are the people who - quite frankly take the :tsktsk:

They drive home, thinking they are the best drivers in the world, the wipe out alittle kid, probably too drunk to even realise and drive off, or they do realise and don't want to get caught and still just drive off !!!

and what makes it worse ? ...... when these people are caught, and disqualified from driving ...... they still drive !!!!

If I drink I usually stay over, just book into the local IBIS or cadge a lift home. Don't feel comfortable drinking and driving, there's no need.

I occasionally have the one bottle of Bud and drive but I know my hand to eye co-ordination is ****** when I've had a beer so avoid it whenever possible...

What with the likes of Red Bull on the market I don't feel as bad not drinking as I used to a few years back when you stood out like a sore thumb to be honest.

To be honest mate, those are the people who - quite frankly take the :tsktsk:

They drive home, thinking they are the best drivers in the world, the wipe out alittle kid, probably too drunk to even realise and drive off, or they do realise and don't want to get caught and still just drive off !!!

and what makes it worse ? ...... when these people are caught, and disqualified from driving ...... they still drive !!!!

A very wealthy gentleman in a very expensive bently was responsible for breaking both of my friends legs and many other bones when he was on his bike. he had drank 9 pints and hit him near his home in bromley.

Scary thing is this guy had been driving from ashford drunk!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links