Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Alloys?

Adie

I'm looking to upgrade my wheels for IS 200 S. Not sure whether to go for multispoke or something like a 5 spoke. The car is not lowered so would 18" fit or would i have to go for 17". The service manager said 18" would be too big at the front of the car when turning etc. Also he recommened i go for gun metal because it would suite the car colour better, ( granite sky). If anybody has pictures of gun metal alloys, it would be much appreciated. Or any recommendations. Thanks

Does that mean they need to make any modifications when they fit the styling kit alloys?

think they do a inner wheel arch modification ,on one side

18" wheels will have little difference to 17" with the correct profile tyres

its the width and offset that will make any difference,

So 18" would fit straight on no problems? What about going over all these speed humps that seem to be EVERYWHERE??

as long as they are the correct offset and have the correct lug configuration the answer is yes

check out the garage for many different types and colours of 18" wheels

even some 19" ones

i dont have any probs with my 18's but i would suggest you get the car lowered as well, mine looked a tad silly on 18's and with std suspension.

definitely get gun metal or black chrome wheels, they'll look great on a granite sky IS.

So 18" would fit straight on no problems? What about going over all these speed humps that seem to be EVERYWHERE??

If anything they improve the situation - to give you an idea Chris Shipley went from 17's to 18's and found that he no longer caught his exhaust on his drive....

My 18's catch when full lock is on but I'm lowered quite heavily (~50mm) - will speak to the local dealer about getting that sorted next time the car goes in for the radio replacement......

Take a look in my garage for an idea of what anthracite wheels look like on a granite sky....

Cheers mate i understand now. Thanks alot thats sound. Just need to find the right wheels now. Fed up with looking at wheels, spent the last 3 days looking at thousands. got wheels coming out my :tsktsk:

• 2 months later...

Right! After a VERY long time searching and changing my mind...

Konig Holes in graphite 7 x 17 205/40/17 Tyres. Fitment 5x114 et45.

Upgrade Premium Performance to High Performance Toyo Proxes T1-S 215/45/ZR17 Tyres.

Think i'll upgrade to the Toyos. Would these be the correct tyres? Size etc?

I've checked Fitment of wheels and they'll fit. Wont they?

Thanks for any help again, :blush:

Adie

Right! After a VERY long time searching and changing my mind...

Konig Holes in graphite 7 x 17  205/40/17 Tyres.  Fitment 5x114 et45.

Upgrade Premium Performance to High Performance Toyo Proxes T1-S 215/45/ZR17 Tyres.

Think i'll upgrade to the Toyos. Would these be the correct tyres? Size etc?

I've checked Fitment of wheels and they'll fit. Wont they?

Thanks for any help again,  :blush:

Adie

yep they will fit

make sure you use 215/45/17 tyres , and they will match the original lexus 17" tyre sizes

:)