Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have an important story to share with you…this is my story. I'm lucky I chose my LS400.

A little over 12 hours ago, I nearly lost my life. Last night, I was driving home from the office to see my parents, since it was Diwali on Friday. I was quite tired as it had been a hard week, and I decided to try a shortcut home to avoid some traffic. I then got lost down country lanes, I was extremely low on petrol and concerned about running out of petrol in the middle of nowhere. I couldn’t seem to find my way home, and the fatigue wasn’t letting me think straight. I started driving up a slight gradient at around 40-50mph when the left rear wheel caught the grass verge. Next the back of the car seemed to become unstable, and started moving to the right. I was fighting for control of the car, as it meandered to the other lane and back to my lane. The car seemed to be sliding at speed for what seemed like ages. The car then maintained a leftward angle and was heading for the trees on the left hand side. I didn’t even have time to scream or brake, as I realised I had lost all control of the car. I then became aware that I had forgotten to put my seatbelt on when I had set off from the office. I had no time to react, and I closed my eyes as I thought that I would be killed going through the windscreen. What happened next is still a mystery, but going on the car wreckage, I shouldn’t be here writing this story. A miracle occurred. I must have blacked out since the next thing I remember is hearing the sound of the radio, seeing other car’s headlights through the broken windscreen, and wondering why I could feel the sunroof with my hands. It was then that I realised I was upside down and stuck in the car. I knew I had to get out of the car immediately. Physically, I didn’t feel any pain or discomfort. I pressed the horn at intervals to attract attention, since I couldn’t see any headlights stopping. There was a tree in front of the windscreen so I couldn’t exit that way, there was something blocking the driver’s door. I leaned over to the passenger door and tried the handle and the door managed to open, and I crawled out onto the grass verge. It was then that I saw the car upside down, broken glass, metal all mangled, lights still on, and trees all around me, It seemed like a scene out of the movies, as about 5 or 6 motorists had stopped down this deserted unlit country lane to help and me crawling out of an upside down car that was a wreck. They all gathered around me, and asked if I was ok. One of them had called an ambulance thinking I was hurt or even dead given the nature of the accident. I was completely unhurt, not even a scratch. The police and ambulance crew all huddled around and just couldn’t believe I walked out alive with no injuries. They kept asking, do you feel pain anywhere? I said no, I’m just shaken up and disoriented. I was sent to hospital just to be sure, but I was given the all clear.

I am SO lucky, I really thought my time was up. I don’t remember the car rolling over, and it’s a miracle that I didn’t end up being hurled through the windscreen.

Perhaps, I’m meant to be here for a reason, and it’s a very profound experience for me. Remember that life is precious and we must never take each other for granted. Make the most of every moment in life, as anything can happen. Don’t hesitate to tell those who mean the most to you how much you love them. Don’t wait for an experience like this to happen to you to make you appreciate what you have got. *** bless.

That's a very sad story .... for both your life, and the car ..... but thanks for sharing it with us.

Did the police put pen to paper at any stage ? - if they did, don't be suprised if you receive a summons in the post for dangerous / wreckless driving ! - where abouts did this happen exactly ?

Regards.

That's a very sad story .... for both your life, and the car ..... but thanks for sharing it with us.

Did the police put pen to paper at any stage ? - if they did, don't be suprised if you receive a summons in the post for dangerous / wreckless driving ! - where abouts did this happen exactly ?

Regards.

Yes, the police asked me what happened and breathalysed me. Have telephone the insurance company who asked me if the car is damaged? I said I hit a tree and the car landed on it's roof, of course it's damaged! It happened in Loughton, Essex.

its amazing what can happen in an accident,

i was once called to a car that had gone into a field on a bad bend, when i got there i saw a red vauxhall nova on its side in a ploughed field, on closer inspection there was no sign of the driver but the drivers window was open. as i walked around to the drivers door i tripped on something, i loooked down to see a pair of legs and feet sticking out from under the car.

I pushed the car over back onto its wheels and the driver was laid on his back squashed into the mud arms and legs stretched right out. He blinked and started to stand up. Obvioulsy i did the normal thing and screamed out "JESUS *****" or similar words.

He stood up shook my hand and said thankyou, there was not a mark on him apart from grazing to his head.

he had span out of control gone into the field and began to sommersault, he had no seatbelt on so he flew out of the opened drivers window and into the air before landing on his back spread out deep in the thick wet mud. he then noticed the car tumbling towards him it eventually stopped and landed directly on him squashing him further into the mud.

luckily for him i was only a minute or 2 away coz he was starting to have trouble breathing under the weight of the car.

if i hadnt of been there to see it myself i never would have believed something like that could happen

oh and just to show him my caring side he was prosecuted later :winky:

Maneesh Dude.

You ARE here for a reason. I think you will know why when it happens. Living up here in Norfolk, most of our roads are long winding country lanes which are unlit and very very dark. I should think this experience will make you belt up every time.

But your right of course, it does take a near death experience to make you realise

what you have, who you have, and how much you take it all for granted.

I`m glad your ok.

May your lord look over you always.

Paulydude. :D :D :D

Glad you are ok i have always been a beleiver that the bigger the car the more protection it offers and they don't come much bigger than the ls400.

Young lad who works for me has just had an insurance quote for a reno clio 1.2 and it is £2500 :blink: ,can't help thinking that making insurance so dear for young drivers is just making young drivers with little driving experience have to buy smaller older cars that offer very little protection when involved in an accident .seems to me if the insurance did not rip them off they could put some of that money into a newer more modern car and make a lot of parents feel a lot happier when their youngster starts to drive.

Glad you are ok i have always been a beleiver that the bigger the car the more protection it offers and they don't come much bigger than the ls400.

Young lad who works for me has just had an insurance quote for a reno clio 1.2 and it is £2500  :blink: ,can't help thinking that making insurance so dear for young drivers is just making young drivers with little driving experience have to buy smaller older cars that offer very little protection when involved in an accident .seems to me if the insurance did not rip them off they could put some of that money into a newer more modern car and make a lot of parents feel a lot happier when their youngster starts to drive.

I concur

thanks for all the messages guys. It means a lot. Me mates kept persuading me to replace the LS400 with something smaller but I just preferred the LS, even though it was really old. Yes, I will belt up next time, and I will never drive when feeling tired.

Still don't understand how the car went into a crazy skid just by one wheel going on grass (the road was dry), and it's such a heavy car, don't understand how the car flipped over on it's nose after hitting trees. Gotta stop trying to figure it out and just count me blessings.

It is a real injustice with insurance in this country, that you are discriminated against due to lack of experience and as a result you are likely to end up in a smaller, older car.

now you,ve come through that, make sure you enjoy life to the max, and maybe next time when you are at the office thinking you must work late, think again, there's more to life than work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links