Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Significant other's view of your infatuation

javadude

Seeing as it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow :) I was wondering - what does your "significant other" think of your infatuation with your Lexus? :?:

My wife likes the car :cool: but thinks of my interest in painting calipers, club membership, etc as...dare I say it... sad. :o

mention how much you save next time you order some Gold discounted parts.. that usually get's them interested!

Hey honey.. we saved £100... WOW she will reply! Does that mean i have an extra £100 for my next shoppng spree :lol::lol:

Luckily i don't have that problem :D

Originally posted by Chris Shipley

I don't have a significant other,just me and my Lexus

So you do have a significant other, then!! Mine just looks at me as I wipe her down in the garage after rain (the car, not the missus!!). Friends just shake their heads!!

Edited by Matthew_McNally

My ladies will love the car, especially when I tint the windows and put the new system in. They will love that beige interior:D. as long as there's 2 in the back and 1 up front then they won't call it "sad" and neither will I:D:cool::rolleyes:

Originally posted by javadude

Seeing as it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow :) I was wondering - what does your "significant other" think of your infatuation with your Lexus? :?:

My wife likes the car :cool: but thinks of my interest in painting calipers, club membership, etc as...dare I say it... sad. :o

So what did you get her for your anniversary? What about a TRD supercharger :D I'm sure she will appreciate that :cool:

Originally posted by djanderso

My wife say's it's an old man's car :?: and that I've "middle-aged" since I bought it :?: She want's me to get a Honda CR-V next :yawn: Yeah, I don't get it either!!

:lol:If mine said that I'd threaten to swap HER for a younger model and keep the car:lol:

Originally posted by Rodders_UK
Originally posted by djanderso

My wife say's it's an old man's car :?: and that I've "middle-aged" since I bought it :?: She want's me to get a Honda CR-V next :yawn: Yeah, I don't get it either!!

:lol:If mine said that I'd threaten to swap HER for a younger model and keep the car:lol:

Yeah, I know! -- I'll give her 2 weeks to change her mind!! :D

Her ex used to have a BMW 3 convertable (E36) :flaming:

She likes the Z3..........

Then after about a month of constantly being around the Lex, she suddenly said..... it's really comfortable! Now I am slowly getting her ro recognise that BMW drivers are Tw*ts

As for my obsession with the car..... she just laughs at me...... but she gets upset for me too when people damage my car, or something is not right with it.

She can't wait till I get a Porsche in 2 years though! :rolleyes:

My wife helped buy the car, and insisted we DIDN'T but a BMW. I took her to JAE where she said she had a good time and met lots of friendly people (had to put her up in an hotel thought ) and she helps me wash it every week!:D

My other half thinks it's and old man's car too - I have to agree but it is an LS. She loves all the gadgets and comfort etc but refuses to park it - she says it's too big . This is someone who for the last 9 years has driven Landrover Discoverys and has just changed to a Saab Cabrio (try reversing one of those with the hood up).

However, she does not think I spend enough time on the car - I'm afraid I drive the thing not cherish it. Cost does not matter to her on the basis if it's anything to do with cars it's my bill! In fact most things are my bill.

The other significant half (or third), my duaghter, thinks the cars great but thats cause she like the dvd player and the heated rear seats etc!

Originally posted by Andy.thomas

Well i fall in to the, just me and my category too - for now :smilegrin:

But my ex - who i work with - is now moaning at her new b/f to buy a "decent" car, she gets a lift in to work with me most mornings and refuses to go out in her other half's car!!!

Hmmmm, sweet sweet revenge!

Good Lad:lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links