Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Exhaust Is300

I thinking of getting a new back box for my is300, but dont know what would fit simply. Would the peco big bore 4 be a good choice? On the peco site it does not state is300 just is200. They also have a jap section not sure what they are like though. Any recomendations??? Will the peco increase overall bhp by 5bhp??

Cheers

To be honest mate personally I'd recommend you speak to ProLex regarding the Kazuma as that's better than the Peco IMHO and sounds very nice, not as loud as the Hiper I believe but it looks the part..

I'm definately not the brightest spark when it comes to mods! as I've never modded before :blink:

So are these back boxes likely to increase bhp? and will it effect mpg? I'm certainly not looking for something loud thats why I thought the peco was a good choice (after reading Zee's review), also the diameter is 100mm which is not too in yer face...

If you guys recomend these I will probabaly go it... any deals going ??

cheers

I doubt a backbox will increase power in any way without having the mid-pipe and decat pipes done, that's when you'll notice a bit of a power gain :). A backbox will give you better aesthetics and sound pretty good (depending on what you go for and what your tastes are).

Eh ?

The Hiper was something like 8bhp quoted and the Drager 6 - 8 I think?

I could feel the difference instantly when I replaced the back box, much more free flowing up top, but lost a little bit of torque low down the rev range (but seeing as I'm never down there sod that!)

Zee's review was old! He went to the Hiper and Dual Hiper (which I've now got) after that review, if you're after it just for the looks then maybe the TTE is the way to go, doesn't really alter performance from the standard box but looks and sounds better.

I've got to admit I prefer Jap exhausts on Jap cars, and I believe the Kazuma has the qualities of one of the best Jap exhausts that has now been removed from the market!

Might be worth meeting up with a few of the local guys to you, Bazza has the TTE I think and Dave Ellen (Mr ProLex himself) has the Kazuma - would give you food fot thought anyway pal.

I've got to admit I prefer Jap exhausts on Jap cars, and I believe the Kazuma has the qualities of one of the best Jap exhausts that has now been removed from the market!

Thanks aido. I think after your summary the Drager (the quieter HKS one) is probabaly what I like- it should be ok for the 300? if the Kazama is the same kind of bhp increase? and similar size? i dont mind that either. Are Kazama Japanese?

It's actually Prolex's own which is very similar to the discontinued HKS products - think it's made over in that part of the world although Prolex are GB based...

Dave Ellen has one and it sounds, and looks, very nice indeed!

Thanks aido. I think after your summary the Drager (the quieter HKS one) is probabaly what I like- it should be ok for the 300? if the Kazama is the same kind of bhp increase? and similar size? i dont mind that either. Are Kazama Japanese?

Chose the name Kazuma after a famous japanese drift racer.

They are a bit louder than std at idle more bassy.....little louder when warm.......

they exit the car at a slight angle which look nice....100% stainless steel from tip to toe which good....on fitting its abouit 1/2 hour to do (2 bolts) hope this helps...

Dave