Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Famous Last Words...

Zee007

Dear all,

It seems I've finally been rumbled. No more hiding in the cleaners cupboard for me, only surfacing to Jedi mind trick my boss into thinking I'm great and keeping me on for another 6 months. On Wednesday 28th August I will be leaving - well kind of. Things have happened incredibly fast, and this is one of the reasons you have rarely seen me on the site recently.

Firstly, a little history. Since I started at CapitalOne (nearly 4 years ago...), I've worked in 5 different teams, for 8 different bosses, on more than a 60 projects and have moved desk about 43 times (that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea...). I have remained loyal to our European business but an opportunity has arisen that I can't ignore. I am leaving England for the sunny, hectic and sometimes crazy land of America. CapitalOne US has an opportunity that may just quench my appetite for my ambitions and it means a minimum of 6 months out there.

It takes a lot to keep me occupied, motivated and focused and the European business has been great over the last 4 years. But this chance is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if I pull it off (big IF may I add...), I'm sure it will stand me in good stead in the longer-term. I am still young, free and single and it would be silly of me to refuse so I've decided to go for it. If I fail, I fail. If I succeed, I succeed. You win some, you lose some - right? But I'll for ever be thinking "what if..." if I don't go.

I've enjoyed working on LOC, all because of you. You have either challenged me, argued with me, made me laugh, supported me, been there for me and because of that helped me to be a better person - I thank you. Although it is a big world and I won't be back regularly, I know I will bump into you again when I do take the odd flight back.

I will still be heavily involved in the site from the US, and once settled will look at shipping stuff across for the club. But don't be too surprised if you don't see me "online" as much. Keep in touch (email and u2u) as I might just go crazy without TeamLexus!!!

Take care of yourselves, and each other (groan...)

Zee. :)

Originally posted by djanderso

I'll just add my congrats too. Just think you'll be able to lease an IS300 for buttons over there! And only pay $1.30 a gallon!!:cool:;)

And you'll be able to get a manual IS300!

Bets of luck mate. Hope it all works out for you. As Keiran said where are you going to be based?

All the best mate and good luck in your new line of work out in the sunny US of A, all I can say is we'll miss your touch around here

and your a lucky son-of -a-*******

Good Luck

We only met once in person but feel I need to wish you all the best.

I worked for while in the USA, in New York, and enjoyed every minute of it. It frustrates at times, but it certainly excites.

As they say over that side, enjoy !!

All the best Zee - been nice getting to meet you and hope you do make it back to the occasional event. Good luck, hope you do well - as you say though, nothing ventured.........

Sincerely hope it all goes to plan though - enjoy being young free and single too (must admit, that surprised me!)

Take Care

Sam

Zee, What can I say?:(:(:(

Hope you get the job:):)

Hope you like it:):)

Hope you don't forget us:lol::lol:

Hope you come back:D:D

Hope you don't post about IS 300's and cheap petrol:cool::cool:

But above all go for it, life is not a game you are only here once:):)

See you soon, Dave, Rachael and Chris