Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Women Drivers!

AdamT

Last night, me (for a change) driving sensibly got ploughed into by a girl in a Fiesta who wasn't paying attention (txting or something).

You will see from the pics that she kind of went straight on instead of following the bend.

pics: http://www.diablosecurity.co.uk/crash

I'm not too happy, got the car about 3-4 months ago, absolutely immaculate, bought on 34k for £11,150.

I'm having it repaired through Lexus (Poole - Westover Group) but I'm concerned that this will de-value the car.

I'd prefer the car to be written off so I can start again, as its a little unfair that my perfect car now has accident history.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks

Adam :crybaby:

Sorry to hear that mate, I can't imagine they would write the car off, the repair would usually have to exceed 60% the value of the vehicle before they would entertain this.

It will only devalue the car if a crap repair is carried out. Just make sure you're happy with it, and don't accept anything less than the vehicle being returned to as it was before. Looks like a new wing, and a new door.. her insurance will be paying anyway, no argument there

She hadn't been drinking, I think she was txting on her mobile just before she hit me, would explain why she wasn't looking at the road.

The assessor's attending this morning.

I've told them I want two new wheels aswell as they both became damaged by the kurb and where she hit.

Externally, the damage is as follows:

Bumper

Wing

Door

Wheel - both sides

I was told to move the car at the time, this shaved about a year off the clutch, so i'm playing on this too.

Back's giving me jip so been to the Dr's and all that.

Just gutted.

Sorry to hear that mate - did you have a camera phone to take those pics - they do come in handy for evidence.

Just make sure you get the best body shop to do the work - probably best to go through a Lexus dealer - I would insist on that - have you any warranty or extended warranty? If so then you have a case to make sure the car is repaired through the Lexus network and not a back street outfit.

Make sure you have your discs & pads checked as well!

If she owned up to it are you now driving a free hired car ? If I remember right if the accident is your fault (not saying it is) but the insurnace usually only hire a car for a short period of time.

Good luck.........

If she owned up to it are you now driving a free hired car ? If I remember right if the accident is your fault (not saying it is) but the insurnace usually only hire a car for a short period of time.

Good luck.........

Yeh, got a IS200 SE through Swift, her insurance are paying (about £110 a day!)

I've had to put it on my own insurace tho because i'm 19, so they have to cover the additional premium of £105 for that too!

I told the police at the time that I thought she was txting, I don't think they were interested to be honest.

It would have been a different story if she'd killed some one or they'd noticed her driving along using the phone.

I don't think she'll do it again!

damn i would have lost my rag and probably spent a night in the cells if that was me!

Plump for a full re-spray!!! and make sure all the mechanicals are checked! Try and find out who is doing the quotation for the insurance work and have a word with them as they will gladly give themselves extra work!

Also if you can get her insurance company to admit 100% liability then they are culpable for any ache and pain / car problem in the future that the accident might have caused!

Bit of a bummer there mate,it's so annoying when that happens.

Toyota Dorchester are about the best for body repairs in Dorset, they have won stacks of awards, don't know if Lexus Poole use them or have their own

Lexus Poole is part of the Westover Group - Westover Group have their own body shop.

Spoke to them today, there's about £5000's worth of damage.

The guy won't do any extras, I've tried to get a sport grill, he said "I don't think there's any damage to the grill, but I'll check again".

They're putting two new front wheels on, I said that the backs now won't match!

He said we'll have to wait and see - So I said can't they just be refurbed under her insurance?

I asked about the painting, he said they're going to do the wing, blend it over the bonnet and into the passenger rear door.

He's also going to do the scratches on the rear bumper, I've asked if he can look at the spoiler as it looks like its been done badly before.

They said they're replacing the complete suspension setup (excluding brakes) and they will straighten out the A pillar.

I'd not very happy about this, seems a lot of work!!

He said he's sending the quote off to the insurance company today, the guy won't give me anything for nothing!

I think I might give the 3rd party insurance a call and kick off, apparently the assessor didn't want to know about my clutch concirns as they think the clutch drives ok.

:angry: