Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

17" Alloy Wheel Refurbishment?

Searcher

Hi there fellow lexus friends, need some advice, just aquired a IS200 SE (THAT I LOVE TO BITS!! : ) It is on a T plate with 28,500 miles 1 lady owner garaged her whole life, anyway the car is mint and my top mechanis have checked her over and given the all-clear car is basically brand new!!! Wicked!

My problem is the owner before couldnt park to save her life the 17" alloys are scuffed badly i know plently of places to get them refurbished but i am extremely fussy when it comes to alloys. I want the exact same finish which is on there (THE POLISHED FINISH, CLOSE-UP LOOKS LIKE A LATHED MACHINE FINISH) (on the outer edge and a standard sprayed finish on the inside of the wheel.

Let me know if you know anyone decent who could acomplish this.

Price?

Many thanks for your help! Searcher

• 2 weeks later...

Pete - was this the black spoke ones ?

I need to get mine redone - probably all sliver - are there different finishes available - if so what one did you use ?

Speaking of different finishes, are lexus selling the standard 17" 5 spokes in different colours now? When I was at the dealer a few weeks ago they had the standard alloy in 4 different colours, one like gunmetal, one like titanium, and two that were silver with the centre of the spokes in either black or gunmetal.

They all looked great :D

Pete - was this the black spoke ones ?

I need to get mine redone - probably all sliver - are there different finishes available - if so what one did you use ?

Yes they were the black ones,and they can do virtually what you want within reason......they were diamond cut around the face of the wheel and powder coated everywhere else,they even did the c/caps. :)

• 1 month later...
Hi there fellow lexus friends, need some advice, just aquired a IS200 SE (THAT I LOVE TO BITS!! : ) It is on a T plate with 28,500 miles 1 lady owner garaged her whole life, anyway the car is mint and my top mechanis have checked her over and given the all-clear car is basically brand new!!! Wicked!

My problem is the owner before couldnt park to save her life the 17" alloys are scuffed badly i know plently of places to get them refurbished but i am extremely fussy when it comes to alloys.  I want the exact same finish which is on there (THE POLISHED FINISH,  CLOSE-UP LOOKS LIKE A LATHED MACHINE FINISH) (on the outer edge and a standard sprayed finish on the inside of the wheel.

Let me know if you know anyone decent who could acomplish this.

Price?

Many thanks for your help! Searcher

I feel this may be late in the day, but any one in the midlands Northants area there is a company called wheelclinic, who also have a web site by the same name.

They do all the top of the range vehicles, the wheels look like they have just come out of the box, except there is no box.

I have had 4 sets of wheels done over the last five years with no adverse effects

give them a try.

ps about the same turnaround time ie 5 working days

regard

maggot

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links