Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Screen Playing Dvd's

I've asked this before guys but never got any definitives...

I have a IS200 Sport, with Sat Nav. I've always wanted my Pop Up Screen to be able to play DVD's.

I believe you need some kind of converter for the signals and to switch between the modes or something and a new DVD unit and the standard Sat Nav unit won't play normal movie discs.

Someone from LOC put me in touch with Nav.tv from cardiff, but I ring and ring and no one ever comes back to me with a price.

I've searched the earth and found some companies in the US who will supply the parts but I have no idea about fitting them my-self, and wouldn't like to try.

All my local ICE places can do Ranger Rovers/BM's/Mini and Merc's but when I tell them I own a Lexus - they look blank at me (r they jelaous..? :sick: )

Any advise would be appreticated, as I can't find anyone who knows much about it.

Cheers

Dave

I've been speaking to Nav TV bout that too but as far as I know they still haven't got their PAL unit ready yet but last time I spoke to them was a few months ago. Might give them a ring again. The guys they said were their dealer closest to me was Auto Audio in Park Royal so I guess if you ask they'll give you your nearest dealer and then they'll give you a price for the unit and fitting.

No reply to my mail to Nav.tv - so I called them, again! - the guy said as usual that he would call me back.....and I didn't recieve a call from him.

But.....

A guy called Kevin called me and said that he was the dealer in Stoke who has lots from Nav.tv - RESULT!!!! :D

Im taking my IS to his shop tomorrow so he can take a look.

Sounds good so far, might even get it in b4 crimbo! hhooorrrraaay!

• 2 weeks later...
Any news on the installation? I'm considering doing this on my IS200 with SatNav so I'm very interested on how it's going for you.

Yep all done. Its sweet! DVD Single DIN under the passenger seat and secured with velcro (for easy removal most of all).

Cabled back to my OEM TV and a switch by my knee under the steering wheel to flick between Sat Nav & DVD.

Its quality and plays everything! DVD's; copy DVD's; VCD's; SVCD's; MP3's etc. etc. and outputs the sound to an FM Modulator which transmits to the radio when tuned into a certain frequency.

Im well impressed and Kev at ICEBeat, in Fenton Stoke-on-Trent did a tidy install in 1 day.

(I would post pictures if I could find how to do it :-)

Dave

Yep all done. Its sweet!  DVD Single DIN under the passenger seat and secured with velcro (for easy removal most of all).

Cabled back to my OEM TV and a switch by my knee under the steering wheel to flick between Sat Nav & DVD.

Its quality and plays everything! DVD's; copy DVD's; VCD's; SVCD's; MP3's etc. etc.  and outputs the sound to an FM Modulator which transmits to the radio when tuned into a certain frequency.

Im well impressed and Kev at ICEBeat, in Fenton Stoke-on-Trent did a tidy install in 1 day.

(I would post pictures if I could find how to do it :-)

Dave

The parts from NavTV then? Does that mean they've got the PAL unit sorted, or did you get the NTSC one (just noticed that you haven't mentioned whether you have tv in the car)

• 3 weeks later...
Yea, they have the unit sorted. Get in touch with them and get 1!  Excellent.

Wicked, how much did the unit cost if you don't mind my asking? And did you get it from them direct or from an installer?

I don't actually know how much the unit cost cus when I kept on bothering Nav.tv

they told me they don't sell to the public, only trade and that all they would do is to put me in touch with an installer in my area who could purchase from them.

This mean't I paid for the lot all together (convertor, dvd player, fm modulator leads etc. and fitting).

I'd guess the actual convertor was a fair few hundred quid from nav.tv tho...?!?!?

:zee:

I don't actually know how much the unit cost cus when I kept on bothering Nav.tv

they told me they don't sell to the public, only trade and that all they would do is to put me in touch with an installer in my area who could purchase from them.

This mean't I paid for the lot all together (convertor, dvd player, fm modulator leads etc. and fitting).

I'd guess the actual convertor was a fair few hundred quid from nav.tv tho...?!?!?

:zee:

Ok will get in touch with my local installer then. Sorry just one last question, how does it sound through the fm modulator?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...