Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Alignment

javadude

Got my wheel alignment checked and fixed yesterday (guess I've been drifting too much?). They had a flash computerised system that let you watch the settings get adjusted on a monitor in reception. Anyway they got all the settings spot on spec - the guy said he'd never seen that before - it made his day - I guess it was the first lexus he'd done. Lexus quality... :cool:

...only thing was they left the steering-wheel off-centre. On the third attempt they checked the castor angle and found it was out by 1.5 degrees, max should be 0.5. It can't be adjusted so its time to talk to Mr Lexus about a warranty jobby.

• 2 weeks later...

My car was at the dealers today. They replaced the shock-absorbers because of a knocking sound and it's fixed the caster angles - the steering's fine now. In fact they had to replace all four as they've been re-designed since my car was produced (a Jan '00 S) - perhaps because of this very problem?! They re-did all the wheel alignments and washed it. The whole thing was done under warranty. :yes: