Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suggestions And Ideas ....

MrADeveci

LOC Members,

As some of you are aware, or maybe some of you are not aware - there is a Legal Advice Forum on LOC.

At present, there is a few pinned topics, that are of importance I.E - Tyre tread depth, number plate regulations, and Gatso Locations.

Please feel free to post any ideas / suggestions that 'you' as a member would like to see on the legal advice forum, but let's be serious about this ! (no silly stuff)

Hope to see some interesting ideas, and suggestions soon.....

Regards,

Regarding the DRINK DRIVE campaign. Do members know the LIMIT? i.e

12 pints 6 glasses of wine 8 whiskies etc. (Obviously these figure are NOT correct)

Would it be worthwhile putting these up for members to see?

On a personal note. If I drink then I DO NOT DRIVE at all. Even with one pint!

Also the morning after effects and limits.

Cheers Terry

Regarding the DRINK DRIVE campaign. Do members know the LIMIT?  i.e

12 pints 6 glasses of wine 8 whiskies etc. (Obviously these figure are NOT correct)

Would it be worthwhile putting these up for members to see?

On a personal note. If I drink then I DO NOT DRIVE at all. Even with one pint!

Also the morning after effects and limits.

Cheers Terry

Terry, I'll create a new post with the exact measurements in term of alcohol milligrams in your blood stream,

However, there is not "legal limit" in terms of drinking, everyone is different, some poeple can have 5 - 6 pints, and not be over the limit, me personally I don't drink, so 2 pints for me, would put me well over the limit !

Regards.

what's the law regarding kids and seatbelts / booster seats / front and back / airbags etc etc etc??

cheers

Seat belts / kids seats etc - Good topic idea ....... will create this soon, and the offences for each too.

Regards,

:blink:

Leaving Children at Home Alone

What the law says

There is no law that states the minimum age that a child can be left alone. However, it is an offence to leave a child alone when doing so puts him or her at risk.

How do you decide if you can safely leave a child alone?

There are many important things to consider before you decide to leave a child alone. These include:

The age of the child.

The child's level of maturity and understanding.

The place where child will be left.

How long the child will be left alone, and how often.

Whether or not there are any other children in the household.

For example, most parents would think it’s OK to leave a sixteen-year-old alone for the evening, but to leave them for a week would be unacceptable.

Many young children play outdoors with other children without a parent or carer being present. As they are unsupervised, they are 'alone', but most people would agree that this is an important part of growing up.

You are the best judge of your child’s level of maturity and responsibility.

A few other points to guide you

Never leave a baby or very young child alone at home, whether asleep or awake, even for a few minutes. It doesn’t take long for unsupervised young children or babies to injure themselves.

Most children under thirteen should not be left for more than a short period.

No child under sixteen should be left overnight.

If you do leave a child alone, remember:

If possible, leave a telephone number where you can be contacted, and be available to answer it immediately.

Talk to your child about keeping safe at home and point out the potential dangers. Tell them not to answer the door to strangers.

Give clear instructions about what to do if there’s an emergency. All children left alone should be able to phone the emergency services.

Leave a list of trusted people they can contact.

Put obvious dangers out of reach of children, e.g. medicines, chemicals, matches, etc...

Make sure that the child is happy about the arrangements and confident about being left.

Tell the child when you’ll be back, and make sure you’re back on time.

Talk to him or her about it afterwards.

Choosing a babysitter

When deciding to use a babysitter remember to:

Follow your instincts - if in doubt don't use them.

Ask for at least two references and contact the referees yourself.

Choose a babysitter over sixteen years old.

Listen to your child. Talk to your child about any issue of babysitting that they are unhappy about.

If your child is unhappy about your use of a particular babysitter, find someone else.

Only use registered childminders. A list of local registered childminders can be found from your local authority children's information service.

If you need any further advice or information about leaving children alone, contact our Helpline on 0808 800 5000 at any time.

:)

• 1 month later...
what's the law regarding kids and seatbelts / booster seats / front and back / airbags etc etc etc??

cheers

One thing that REALLY bugs me is kids in cars with no belts on. How reckless and selfish of the parents. I know that kids kick off and are a nuisance if they do not get their own way but that is NOT an excuse for their safety.

If I were a trffic cop that would be my No. ONE priority and NO let offs. If the kids grow up thinking that its okay not to wear a seatbelt then how will they treat their kids?

Just my point of view!!

Terry

One thing that REALLY bugs me is kids in cars with no belts on. How reckless and selfish of the parents. I know that kids kick off and are a nuisance if they do not get their own way but that is NOT an excuse for their safety.

If I were a trffic cop that would be my No. ONE priority and NO let offs. If the kids grow up thinking that its okay not to wear a seatbelt then how will they treat their kids?

Just my point of view!!

Terry

Terry - that is also a pet hate for alot of officers, kids in the back of a car with no seat belts on , is dealt with by a ticket.

3 points

£60 fine.

Regards,