Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The "that Really Winds Me Up......" Thread

Fargo

So today i descovered another thing that really winds me up...

Whilst at work and making myself a cuppa, another colleague goes to fill the kettle up....this kettle has a lid and a filter on the spout...pretty much like every kettle nowdays....so why the :tsktsk: fill it up by the spout... i mean COME ON wise up.. trying to get all that water in via a 1/2inch gap when theres a :tsktsk: ing 6 INCH HOLE IN THE LID. how much longer is it going to take doing it this way, and dont tell me its to filter the water going in......really really winds me up..

and the other thing...whistling,, not just any old whistle but one of them ones you hear whilst waiting for a train,, the ear piercing proper TUNE tyep as performed by old men....that really really will drive me to violence one day i tell ya..

oh and whilst im on this subject,, the word LOVE, as used in "allright love" again used by the older generation when talking to women, everything ends with love....

ok rant over..

so now ive shared with you all...tell me your wind ups and why (and you cant include driving related)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who stir their coffee.... and then use the wet spoon for sugar.

Thus leaving what look like mouse droppings in the sugar.

For crying out loud, why not put sugar in first then add water...

It'll dissolve the sugar that much better and save the mouse crap.

Oh yeah and on a similar theme...

Why have 2 sugars then give your drink 1 turn of the spoon as a stir...

Yes you have 2 sugars but 1.5 of them are left unstirred at the bottom you bloody pinhead !!

I can see this one running and running :) :)

What about all those Americanisms creeping in

Lets think outside the box (what :tsktsk: box)

Let’s take it offline

Shall we huddle

Let’s brainstorm

And today some :tsktsk: in the office said to his sectary "arrange a conf\call for 11 so I can talk to my virtual team face to face" :blink::lol::blink:

What is the world coming 2

Lets think outside the box (what  :tsktsk: box)

Let’s take it offline

Shall we huddle

Let’s brainstorm

And today some  :tsktsk: in the office said to his sectary "arrange a conf\call for 11 so I can talk to my virtual team face to face"  :blink:  :lol:  :blink:

nothing wrong with brainstorming matey, all my masterpieces come from a brainstorm!

what gets on my tits is people who insist on putting coffee in the cup before sugar and so the sugar jar ends up with brown bits of coffee in aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the following words.. make me cringe

crack open a bottle of wine/beer ( the crack word does it)

midnight feast

nap

i have the munchies (amn i hate that word)

Steve you probably wouldn't like it if somebody told you this then

It was evening and I was feeling tired so I had a nap. I woke, had the munchies so decided to have a midnight feast and cracked open a bottle of wine.

:D

Whilst at work and making myself a cuppa, another colleague goes to fill the kettle up....this kettle has a lid and a filter on the spout...pretty much like every kettle nowdays....so why the  :tsktsk: fill it up by the spout... i mean COME ON wise up.. trying to get all that water in via a 1/2inch gap when theres a  :tsktsk: ing 6 INCH HOLE IN THE LID. how much longer is it going to take doing it this way, and dont tell me its to filter the water going in......really really winds me up..

It's all to do with the taste Fargo. The tea is much nicer when the kettle is filled in this way, Love ;) :whistling::whistling::whistling:

-- People who sigh really loudly then expect you to ask 'what's wrong'

-- An abundance of acronyms and jargon made up by people who want to feel more clever than you!

-- Whilst having 'brainstorm' meetings, people who say 'let's park it'

-- Sharing an office with someone who insists on taking calls on loudspeaker

-- People who don't say 'thanks' after you've held open a door etc for them

-- Bad manners in general

Aaaaaah, I feel better now. What a brilliant idea for a thread - like therapy only cheaper!!!

Lets think outside the box (what  :tsktsk: box)

Let’s take it offline

Shall we huddle

Let’s brainstorm

And today some  :tsktsk: in the office said to his sectary "arrange a conf\call for 11 so I can talk to my virtual team face to face"  :blink:  :lol:  :blink:

I work in sales and the majority of the above wind me up. As does:

Make sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet

Lets run it up the flag pole and see who salutes

I'd like to touch base

Blue sky thinking

Stupid people also wind me up - if you don't get it when I tell you the first time, go ask someone else.

I have also decided, as of this morning, women driving blue golfs wind me up.

Then theres football. A game that only 25% of the population enjoy that appears to comand 75% of the TV schedule

Ken Livingstone - don't even get me started on that TW4T.

I'm sure there is more.........................

My Boss, why does he insist of standing behind me when I'm working and just stares at my screen.. This goes on for what feels about 1hr and in the end I have to turn around just to see if he is looking at me....

.. Then I get from him.. "what you doing".. What does he think I'm :tsktsk: doing, picking my :tsktsk: hole.

.. Is this the end you may ask... No, he then waddles a few steps over leans down on my desk with his head in his hands, gets about 3 fring'in inches away from my screen and just stares at it... In the end I have to get up and walk off, before I lamp him one!!

agghhhhh!!!!

... oh yeah and the Sugar thing

People who leave the photocopier open so that I get distracted by the light shinning on the lid, ceiling etc.

Whistling, chirping, clicking, desk tapping, humming etc.

People who make very loud personal phone calls and says "oh right" every 5 seconds to everything said by the other person.

People who come to work dying of a cold and sneeze and cough over everyone before realising that they're unproductive and go home, closely followed by the rest of the office that they've just infected.

Worse still is when they don't use a tissue and spend the day sniffing loudly every few seconds.

People who interrupt your train of thought or conversation with a colleague by starting talking to you while they are still half-way across the office walking towards you. They pay no attention to the fact that you are already talking.

Being along the path of the person talking to someone as they head for them. Everyone on the way gets distracted. (my boss just did this for the billionth time on his way to talk to the person next to me while I typed this) Sometimes the person is not even there when they reach the divider. Doh.

Aaahh feel better now - thank you.

Whilst at work and making myself a cuppa, another colleague goes to fill the kettle up....this kettle has a lid and a filter on the spout...pretty much like every kettle nowdays....so why the  :tsktsk: fill it up by the spout... i mean COME ON wise up.. trying to get all that water in via a 1/2inch gap when theres a  :tsktsk: ing 6 INCH HOLE IN THE LID. how much longer is it going to take doing it this way, and dont tell me its to filter the water going in......really really winds me up..

It's all to do with the taste Fargo. The tea is much nicer when the kettle is filled in this way, Love ;) :whistling::whistling::whistling:

lol your trying it on aint ya marky,, dont make me test your skills :duh: lol

i bet you wouldnt know the difference if the kettle was filled this way or not,, well cept for the extra time it took you to fill it........LOVE......aaagHHHHGHHHHAHHA

Oh I've thought of a good'en.

Old codger drivers who drive at about 10mph and have no idea of the highway code. i.e pull straight out of junctions etc... And even if you swear and toot your horn at them they still stare straight forward as they're having a hard enough time of concentrating on the road.....

...and *breath*...

when you're driving through town and people just walk out in front of you, then if you say anyhing to them you get the finger

Being along the path of the person talking to someone as they head for them. Everyone on the way gets distracted. (my boss just did this for the billionth time on his way to talk to the person next to me while I typed this)

Noooooo..... 3rd time since I posted this. Time for headphones and loud music.