Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Hekp On Turbo

keith456969

im not actually the first. In australia there was this guy in sydney.. somehow related to Toyota or Lexus that did a turbo IS200. It was a white one with 6spd.

size of fuel pump... if ur gonna keep the boost low, i'd say leave out the fuel pump..

I hated the fuel pump.. noisy piece of *****. Spent so much trying to quieten down the bugger.

Once I read a post of somebody in AUS who bent his rods and such with his turbo charged IS200.

But he was lucky that his daddy owned a Lexus-Shop.... :)

Is it possible that this was that guy??

Yes for lower boost you can keep the fuel pump.

TRD328, how did you solve fuel problem, to give the required fuel.

Put you larger injects in or exchanged the pump and fpr??

Or did it anyway run on the stock fuel-system?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not actually the first. In australia there was this guy in sydney.. somehow related to Toyota or Lexus that did a turbo IS200. It was a white one with 6spd.

size of fuel pump... if ur gonna keep the boost low, i'd say leave out the fuel pump..

I hated the fuel pump.. noisy piece of *****. Spent so much trying to quieten down the bugger.

Once I read a post of somebody in AUS who bent his rods and such with his turbo charged IS200.

I put a bosch 300hp+ fuel pump in my baby :D

everything solved.

I put a bosch 300hp+ fuel pump in my baby :D

everything solved.

Thats what im going for, well not 300hp+, I have got 260hp+ inline one comeing :whistling:

The blown IS200's where stock IS200 Kompressors.. factory build..

Journalists.. bad fuel and racing it on a 40C day with 4 people and a/c blasting is what I am afraid that happened.

The pre cat burns out first.. then a hole on a piston :)

:whistling:

Enough to kill this engine.... ;)

dont want that happening to me...

just an update... i have all the electronic stuff that i need like greddy emanage, defi boost gauges etc... i also have a t3 turbine already

im looking for an intercooler now and

fuel pump because you guys told me i need this

as for the oil cooler and tranny cooler do i still need those?

really dont want to blow my motor up.. planning to have a boost around 6 to 7psi

do i need to low comp my car? like thicker head gaskets?

in the philippines we have a good dyno tuner... he can tune my car into the rich side so that it will not lean out if ever and he will tell what boost should i go for

No don't really need an oil coller.... not for this HP output.

If you want low end torque then I would go with a small turbo.

At all better for your tranny. A bigger turbo would spool up just at 3k rpm and punchs you in the seat then.

I can only say, the problem is not the engine..... it's that cr*p Automatic Transmission.

It could really be a problem.

Don't know anything about tranny cooler.... you wouldn't need to cool it, you would need a stronger tranny. ;)

Don't oversize the intercooler. You won't need it. Get it sized like this one from TTE in the SC kit. It's enough.

Fuel pump..... yes that'S also a problem what we all would have to solve.

I'm still talking to people what I can do there.

I will let you know.

Americans have fuel upgrade kits for the IS300 Turbo it fits to the IS200 because it has the same tank and such.

Bigger fuel lines, 255lph Walbro fuel pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator should solve that problem forever. That much power can't never been produced by an IS200, when you have that fuel upgrade.

Maybe it's possible to modify or reproduce the fuel rail to add 550cc injects or something.

Then the IS200 is ready for boost up. :whistling:

But in your case.... I would really take care of the auto tranny, not the engine. ;)

personally i would say get an engine oil cooler..........reduce those temps, remeber its the oil thats keeps an engine cool!!

I would definatly get a Tranny cooler, the std factory one will do

as for intercooler, yep the TTE one should do, or even the prolex uk one, who also sell the Engine oil cooler kit

for low boost( .5) you will not need to lower the Compression, however, again i think Prolex uk sell these or were planning to?

TDI do a fuel line upgrade, but im not sure if its a shippable item?

Of course cooling down oil, water, air is always good.

But I would think if it's really required to sepnd tons of money on something which would give almost the same power as the TTE supercharger does?? :question:

But what helps a pretty good working engine, when he blows up his tranny then?!? :huh:

Hmm... 200HP@crank should be enough on the AT transmission model.

I'm not that experienced in automatic trannies, maybe there is a way to force, strengthened or upgrade it.....

Ask that guy in your workshop, or TDIplc, maybe they have an idea. :)

And in my opinion it's sad that TDI never has shippable upgrade kits for anything.

Because I don't think that anybody from Philipines, Austria, Greece or such would ever put his Lexus into a workshop in England.... :ph34r:

TDI would sell tons of stuff if they'd have an online store where you can order everything you want. ;)

Ask that guy in your workshop, or TDIplc, maybe they have an idea.  :)

That guy in the Workshop is me :duh:

indeed, why spend money on the engine , when the tranny can go pop.........

anyone can take short cuts, admitingly, you can not illiminate all possible weakness, but if you go some way to eliminate the most obvious, its a step in the right direction.

as for the Auto tranny.........i wouldnt start with that from the start :excl:

so you guys are telling me it's useless to turbo my car because the tranny is very weak?

no point to turboing my car if its an A/T?

i saw the article regading trd328 he has an auto tranny but i know it didnt hold but i think he boosted it up more? so maybe the tranny gave up on him?? any inputs?

prolex-uk,

how much are the tranny coolers?

so you guys are telling me it's useless to turbo my car because the tranny is very weak?

no point to turboing my car if its an A/T?

i saw the article regading trd328 he has an auto tranny but i know it didnt hold but i think he boosted it up more? so maybe the tranny gave up on him?? any inputs?

prolex-uk,

how much are the tranny coolers?

I'd speak to mafearga in the dominican republic who has a auto IS with the TDi stage 1 s/c upgrade kit. He'd be able to help.

To be honest if you drive the car really hard all the time you will have problems....

The oil cooler kit is £350 normally all you need to do is deduct 17.5% from that. I'll look at shipping costs if you want to go for it. It weighs 4kg so is not too expensive to post. I'm getting some smaller oil filters to make fitting easier so will (if you want it) wait until these are here before I send it out to you.

If you pay by paypal please add 3% to the total ! :tomato:

Ask that guy in your workshop, or TDIplc, maybe they have an idea.  :)

That guy in the Workshop is me :duh:

>>Don't think you work in a Philipinian Workshop.... ;)

I meant the workshop in his country Mat(e). :)

yeah... ill do it right the first time...

so will the tranny cooler help me? or the lexus is200 auto tranny really sucks?

how about the oil cooler? oil cooler or tranny cooler?

ill buy a walbro 255 for my car... thats good enough right? to address my fuel needs and will be controlled by the greddy emanage

I will also try to fit the Walbro 190 or 255lph pump.

It should fit into the stock system.

But you MUST have something to adjust fuel like the e-manage or S-AFC.

Maybe you can get it running well.

Those are also my plannings now. I can't say if it works, it's only a learning-by-doing action.

If it doesn't work... then try another solution. :duh:

If it really works, then... B)

If nothing works, then I will have to go the difficult way and make it return-line-system like.

Sh!tty work, but works.... :)

In your case keith.... I would try to keep the boost down between 0.3-0.4bar.

It also pulls great there believe me :winky: ... but you're are safe in cause of your tranny.

Get a 0.25bar external wastegate and a boostcontroller then you are able to raise and lower your boost level as you want.

And at 0.3-0.4bar you won't need to upgrade your fuel system.

Mine runs fine until it gets 0.5bar... then it feels like loosing power a bit and the Lambda gets terrible high (at 100% throttle).

It would be the best way for you.... save money and safe your tranny. :winky: B)

Cooling oil won't make your tranny stronger, it helps for preventing overheating.

But for example:

An oil cooler also doesn't make your conrods holding for 600HP. No matter how cold or hot... they will bend or brake over a specific HP-mark.

Know what I want to say??

Try to keep your boost low, then you save money, work and safe your tranny's life.

Guess why TTE doesn't offer the SC for AT Models??????? :whistling:

if you can afford it, both oil coolers will benifit you.

The walbro should be just fine, what are you going to do about Fuel pressure regulation though?

Yea thats what i have 255 Fuel pump just need to see if i can get Fuel Pressure regulater to ;) but all is looking good, :crybaby: but i still have to get Manifold made,

and like matt was saying its best to try and keep it as cool as you can, so i would say get the Oil-cooler as well, if you can that is, you could add it latter on if you dont have the cash for right now.

You can only use the stock fpr with that Walbro pump. ;)

But I'm afraid that the stock FPR doesn't work with more positive boost.

There for you'd need an adjustable FPR, and so a return-line-system.

You can only do ONE THING..... TRY and HOPE!!! :ph34r:

In my opinion it should work.... but I don't know how far and where it will stop to work.

I think for 0.5bar +/- something it's OK.... but as I said.... we can only try and hope.

You can only use the stock fpr with that Walbro pump.  ;)

But I'm afraid that the stock FPR doesn't work with more positive boost.

There for you'd need an adjustable FPR, and so a return-line-system.

You can only do ONE THING..... TRY and HOPE!!!  :ph34r:

In my opinion it should work.... but I don't know how far and where it will stop to work.

I think for 0.5bar +/- something it's OK.... but as I said.... we can only try and hope.

Who said i was get a Walbro pump :winky:

all i said i was geting a 255 pump :whistling:

I will let you know how i get on.

Marcus, you anyway get a custom kit.

So I can only give that tip: GET AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE :excl:

I have an internal 0.5bar wastegate.

And I was really pi**ed because I can't set it lower.

With a boostcontroller you can always go higher, but never lower.

I wanted to set it down to 0.4bar as long as the fuel problems isn't solved.

But it was impossible to set it lower, because the internal WG anyway opens at 0.5bar.

I can only say it again..... Get a 0.25 or 0.3bar ext. wastegate and add an electronic boostcontroller and you will play "HappyHippo"!!! :winky: :lol:

Get that ext. WG, downpiping, Turbo and everything you need.... take that stuff and go to an exhaust workshop to make the manifold.

Woudl be the best solution... really!! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links