Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Hekp On Turbo

keith456969

Marcus, you anyway get a custom kit.

So I can only give that tip: GET AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE  :excl:

I have an internal 0.5bar wastegate.

And I was really pi**ed because I can't set it lower.

With a boostcontroller you can always go higher, but never lower.

I wanted to set it down to 0.4bar as long as the fuel problems isn't solved.

But it was impossible to set it lower, because the internal WG anyway opens at 0.5bar.

I can only say it again..... Get a 0.25 or 0.3bar ext. wastegate and add an electronic boostcontroller and you will play "HappyHippo"!!!  :winky:  :lol:

Get that ext. WG, downpiping, Turbo and everything you need.... take that stuff and go to an exhaust workshop to make the manifold.

Woudl be the best solution... really!!  :winky:

This is why i got the Emanage Profec E-01 as this is my Boostcontroller :winky: i am geting a wastegate but just did not know what sizeto go with, i think i will go with 40mm one, as i have the Profec E-01 i can set it to open when i need it to. :winky:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it was impossible to set it lower, because the internal WG anyway opens at 0.5bar.

I can only say it again..... Get a 0.25 or 0.3bar ext. wastegate and add an electronic boostcontroller and you will play "HappyHippo"!!!  :winky:  :lol:

Get that ext. WG, downpiping, Turbo and everything you need.... take that stuff and go to an exhaust workshop to make the manifold.

This is why i got the Emanage Profec E-01 as this is my Boostcontroller :winky: i am geting a wastegate but just did not know what sizeto go with, i think i will go with 40mm one, as i have the Profec E-01 i can set it to open when i need it to. :winky:

Custom Work by an experienced workshop is expensive but GOOD!!

:blush:

That's why I am my own workshop.... cheap but good..... :D

.....hopefully good.... :yawn::ph34r:

Custom Work by an experienced workshop is expensive but GOOD!!

:blush:

That's why I am my own workshop.... cheap but good..... :D

.....hopefully good.... :yawn::ph34r:

:whistling: who said i was geting a Custom job,

Well it is Custom Job, but im doing all the work and fitting :winky: the only thing that i will not be doing is setting it all up on Rolling Road, i will take it some where to have it setup :whistling:

as long as i get the sizeing of it all, there or there abouts, it should all run ok :whistling:

yeah i will adress the fuel problem with the 255 walbro...

my tuner told me he can put it in for me...

is the bosch one better or the airtex? or walbro is the best? i will adress my fuel needs to my emanage...

i get your point road rash... thanks for the help bro... other people will dyno tune my car to be a daily driver... its really up to them how high will i boost... i wont buy a boost controller because i dont need them very tempting if i had one... they will just set it at the right a/f mixture...

for the exaust pipings... how big are your pipes? you put 2.5 or 3 inch ones?

Exhaust piping??

Stock! I only have a rear-section (HKS Drager).

The stock piping is 60mm and enough for that power output.

It would be wasted money if you would exchange it.

Of course it would help to increase power a bit and to blow out the heat better, but it's not really required.

oh... thats a good suggestion... my tuner also told me that but im planning to redo my whole exaust pipings... the stock are 2.25 inches around 55mm... im going for a 2.5 piping which is around 65mm...what do you guys think? these pipes are mandrel bent and stainless... full exaust

btw, my tuner also told me that i should get a t28 turbine rather than a t3 because t3 is a big turbine... it can handle around 300hp while the t28 can handle around 220hp... his suggestion was to go for t28 because, it is better bec of earlier spooling around 2500 to 3000rpm and the torque curve will really show up... the t3 spools around 3k to 3500 and im not planning to drag race it.. just want to use have a powerful streetcar so earlier spooling is better.. right? and like you guys stated the tranny will give out more than 200hp so i cant maximize the t28s turbine also... so which is better? t3 or the t28? :)

thanks

No I have a T28 and it's good for 320BHP. :winky:

For really low end power I would get a T20 or something... it would really spool up quick.

And I don't understand why some guys always upgrade everything around the car, but never that what is important?!?!? :duh:

Don't make thoughts about exhaust piping upgrade or cooling something.

Make thoughts about that everything works for first. Then you can anyway upgrade everything.

I don't think that you would go on a racetrack after you fitted everything, that you would need all that other stuff.

Watch me as an example: If I would have made thoughts on upgrading exhaust, cooling, tranny and and and..... where I could spend an a**load of money, but what does it help when my car doesn't work fine in cause of such a stupid fuel problem?!?

Get your car running fine at first, then you see what doesn't work and then find a solution for each problem.

Watch other 200HP cars... all they have far thinner exhaust pipes than the IS200 has. ;)

get you on that

thanks

:)

should i get an internal or external fuel pump? found some extenal ones here in the philippines... in thinking of getting a walbro or bosch type... but the problem with external ones they are noisy right? what do you guys have?

roadrash,

at what rpm do you spool? full spool...?

3000rpm? 35000?

Try to midify the fuel system with an in-tank-pump but to change it to a return-system.

Means to get a returnline.

It starts pulling at 2500, but the full spool I get at 3500-4000 around.

And when the VVTi kicks in, it feels like a truck crashes in your back. :D

yeah im planning to do that to my fuel system... just have to know if my tuner can fit a fuel pump that is sourced locally here to fit in my car... i dont think theres one available for lexus is200 here

wait...

if i get i will have a later spool right?

you get full spool at 3500 to 4k? all i thought if i use a t28 is that ill get a full spool at around 3200rpm :)

yeah im planning to do that to my fuel system... just have to know if my tuner can fit a fuel pump that is sourced locally here to fit in my car... i dont think theres one available for lexus is200 here

wait...

if i get i will have a later spool right?

you get full spool at 3500 to 4k? all i thought if i use a t28 is that ill get a full spool at around 3200rpm :)

You have anyway only 2.0L displacement, so don't oversize anything.

Well at 3000rpm it starts to pull, but not the full spool. ;)

In your case with A/T you really should try to get a smaller turbo.

Anything between a T20 and T25 should be good. I'm sure you get power under 3k rpm and a straight torque line.´

Notice that you can't power up that much with your auto-tranny. :yawn:

so you dont recomend me getting a t28 or even a t3?

im not getting the ball bering ones... cost too mcuh :)

;) how much is to much, get it from the US if you can they are alot less over there.

Thats where i got my T4 from :whistling: $450 with shipping and i did not have to pay any TAX on it, as the place i got it from put it down as a test Item :winky:

450 USD isnt bad at all...

is this bnew? the problem here in the philippines is that even if you still put for test or for gift only they will still tax you...

im just confused whether ill go for a t3 or t28...

im scared if i use t3 here i cannot maximize the potential on the street or flat out the torque curve... t3s are abundant here thats why i like to go for a t3... t28 is hard to find here but if i find one.. maybe ill go for this?

You can get it anyway, but get warned of turbo lag until 3000rpm at least and then,

I wouldn't even go with 0.5bar on your A/T model.

Believe me, it pulls really good at only 0.3-0.4bar. And it's safe for your tranny.

Get a 0.3bar wastegate and a smaller turbo than the T28 or T3.... and you'll be happy. :winky:

im planning to use the stock wastegate of the turbine...

its around .6bar for the internal wastegate right?

im still thinking whether i'll buy a wastegate or not... because the turbines here comes with the stock wastegate already and im planning to use it so i cant really lower it down to .3 or .4 because the internal ones usually boost around .6 to .7

what do you guys think? do i need an external wastegate? or the internal one will do? :)

roadrash,

how many wheel hp you reached?

with your t28bb @ .4bar or .3 bar?

im planning to use the stock wastegate of the turbine...

its around .6bar for the internal wastegate right?

im still thinking whether i'll buy a wastegate or not... because the turbines here comes with the stock wastegate already and im planning to use it so i cant really lower it down to .3 or .4 because the internal ones usually boost around .6 to .7

what do you guys think? do i need an external wastegate? or the internal one will do? :)

roadrash,

how many wheel hp you reached?

with your t28bb @ .4bar or .3 bar?

Can't say.... I'd have to dyno run it.

Hope your tranny holds at 0.6bar.... that's much boost in my opinion. :ohmy: