Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trade In Value?

Over the last couple of days I have rang a number of dealers to enquire as to the trade value of my RX300 sat nav with 6k on the clock and registered new by me in June 2004 (non smokers car), the reason for this is that I wanted a ball park figure as to the value so that I can budget for when I get the RX400 in June 2005. The most any of the dealers offered was £26500 and went on to inform me that this is before the end of the year as it will dip quite a bit further in January. I paid £35500 in June, a loss I expect, but a dip of £9000 in 5mts is hard to swallow, what on earth will it be worth in June 05.

Reading your message sent alarm bells ringing, so i did a quick and easy investigation.

I checked out the used approved cars on the lexus site. to give you an idea, my car was bought july 04 and is a black se-l costing £37850.

I looked them up on the used approved site to find 03 plates at £32,000 and 04 at around £35-34000. So the answer is definitely to sell privately unless you really have to trade in!

I had to move fast, so I traded in my is200 sport for my rx300 and even though it was only 7 months old (12K miles), i only got £15,000 for it.

£8000 in 7 months! Sickening. So i'll be avoiding the trade in scenario!

Over the last couple of days I have rang a number of dealers to enquire as to the trade value of my RX300 sat nav with 6k on the clock and registered new by me in June 2004 (non smokers car), the reason for this is that I wanted a ball park figure as to the value so that I can budget for when I get the RX400 in June 2005. The most any of the dealers offered was £26500 and went on to inform me that this is before the end of the year as it will dip quite a bit further in January. I paid £35500 in June, a loss I expect, but a dip of £9000 in 5mts is  hard to swallow, what on earth will it be worth in June 05.

Glass's Guide is showing a '03 with 19k trading at £23k so it looks as though you have another £4k potential loss over the next 6 months. There is very little with the exception of the Mini and BMW X5d that will hold anything like its value....some of the larger Mercs, BMW's and Audi's are down £25k+ when you drive them out the showroom. Keeping a car for two years+ is usually the most cost effective form of ownership.....anything less, well you know the rest.

:huh:

Nightmare.

My IS200 will be 3 years old around the time that the new IS comes out (March '06 from what I've read on here) and I'm pretty sure it'll be worth bugger all as a trade in. It's spotless and will only have done 15000 miles by then (weekend car!)

I've had 3 IS200's and they seemed to hold there value much better when they first came out... not anymore... I reckon I'll be lucky if I see 10k as a trade in. Maybe only 7k if the new model is about to arrive!!! If that's the case I might keep it until it's 4 years old!

Nightmare.

My IS200 will be 3 years old around the time that the new IS comes out (March '06 from what I've read on here) and I'm pretty sure it'll be worth bugger all as a trade in. It's spotless and will only have done 15000 miles by then (weekend car!)

I've had 3 IS200's and they seemed to hold there value much better when they first came out... not anymore... I reckon I'll be lucky if I see 10k as a trade in. Maybe only 7k if the new model is about to arrive!!! If that's the case I might keep it until it's 4 years old!

I got £13K for a three and a half year old low mileage IS200SE earlier in the year against the RX, so don't get too depressed.

Glass's Guide is showing a '03 with 19k trading at £23k so it looks as though you have another £4k potential loss over the next 6 months.  There is very little with the exception of the Mini and BMW X5d that will hold anything like its value....some of the larger Mercs, BMW's and Audi's are down £25k+ when you drive them out the showroom.  Keeping a car for two years+ is usually the most cost effective form of ownership.....anything less, well you know the rest.

For the RX300? I guess that is the old model though. The new model will hold its value better.

Glass's Guide is showing a '03 with 19k trading at £23k so it looks as though you have another £4k potential loss over the next 6 months.  There is very little with the exception of the Mini and BMW X5d that will hold anything like its value....some of the larger Mercs, BMW's and Audi's are down £25k+ when you drive them out the showroom.  Keeping a car for two years+ is usually the most cost effective form of ownership.....anything less, well you know the rest.

For the RX300? I guess that is the old model though. The new model will hold its value better.

News to me..I thought I had the new model,,,June 04