Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Colour Of Your Indicators

Bison

Just wondered what the legalities are on the color of indicators in the UK?

As most of you may already know, in the USA, when most cars indicate you will normally see the rear side lights flash off (red) instead of a new orange light starting to flash. Or just see a red light flash with the side light remaining lit.

Basically, I have tinted the orange part of my rear lenses on my LS400 to Red. This vastly improves the overall look of the rear of the car but obviously my orange indicators now flash red. I hvae indicated about 3 times in front of a following police car now and have not been pulled. I am right in thinking that this is legal then as many American cars come standard with red blinkers??

PS Did any of you read my post about having orange side lights at the front of my car?

Some of you said it may be illegal. And the Police Officer that pulled me wasn't sure. Since this I would just like to point out the new Land Rover Discovery!! Has Orange side lights at the front! Standard from the factnory!!

Bison

Yes (some) American cars in america has red indicators but at the rear. & no is not legal to use them in UK. even though lot of aftermarket 'lexus style lights' for say civic has red indcator & can readily buy them on eBay or accesory retailers in uk but still illegal & fail MOT.

i fitted PIAA plasma FX sidelights on my old car & got fined for it even though it wasnt blue or maybe unnoticebly so orange defeintely illegal even though you see JDM MR2 with them.

as for Landrover with them, you fins that they have both white & orange sidelights so they be ok providing there is a set of white sidelights as well. but if its just orange sidelights itself then is illegal.

it is legal.......... in america, not uk everywhere has different laws.

u find that america cars officially sold outside america would have different rear lights from america spec cars.

I am right in thinking that this is legal then as many American cars come standard with red blinkers??

Bison

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links