Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Voice Etc:

Following discussions !

Now confused with what the Sat Nav Package has on the RX 300 SE

Due delivery of new mota Jan 2005 - It seems the brouchers are incorrect from the Post's.

Please confirm

phone system and voice functions !

Following discussions !

Now confused with what the Sat Nav Package has on the RX 300 SE

Due delivery of new mota Jan 2005 - It seems the brouchers are incorrect from the Post's.

Please confirm

phone system and voice functions !

My current understanding is that voice functions are not available, only on the LS. Enhancements made to 2005 spec RX sat nav system are Bluetooth enabled mobile phones link with sat nav system so there's no need for a saeparate hands free installation other than a bracket to hold your phone, if you desire. ETA, electronic traffic avoidance which is able to reroute you according to information provided by radio stations and other sources if there are traffic problems on your chosen route. There are some 2005 spec owners on this forum who can perhaps describe these enhancements in better detail than I can.

br

D

The Bluetooth installation does not work with the voice activation!

But the system works well as long as you don't have to install either a Motorola or Nokia address book as they have be done one number at a time. With a Sony it will take the entire address book and install all contacts in one action. So if you are using a Motorola/Nokia, suggest you borrow a mates Sony phone, put your SIM card in, transfer your data base, which will then work with pretty much any Bluetooth enabled phone.

You can control your radio/CD etc with the V.A., but quite frankly its easier to do it by hand as its not happy with my accent, which I never considered strong. Its a great shame that they never got the phone V.A. working, that really would have been a major +.

The Digital Traffic Info (which is transmitted on a sub-carrier on Clasffic fm) is wonderful. It will give you all traffic problems on major roads throughout the country. If you are using the GPS on a journey, it will also inform you of problems ahead (if there are any) and offer you an alternative route. Fantastic.

My RX SE arrives next month and I was told very clearly that it would have VA

And so was I :angry: We're picking ours up in just over two weeks, can't wait :D

However, Lexus apparently screwed up and provided the wrong information. I checked just last week with our dealer and he explained that this was a mistake which Lexus have now issued a memo to their dealers to advise as such.

br

D

• 3 weeks later...

I am using a Nokia 6230 with a 'L' 2005 model. If I make a call by using the phone keypad rather than through the car system, it disconnects the Bluetooth link and you end up having to use the phone's handsfree system (if it has one), not the cars.

Very frustrating and also illegal.

Without VA, it really makes the system very hard work, especially as the U.S. system is fully intergrated.....and works just fine.

My RX SE arrives next month and I was told very clearly that it would have VA

And so was I :angry: We're picking ours up in just over two weeks, can't wait :D

However, Lexus apparently screwed up and provided the wrong information. I checked just last week with our dealer and he explained that this was a mistake which Lexus have now issued a memo to their dealers to advise as such.

br

D

So having now collected our car on Saturday seems it DOES have VA! However it doesn't control the phone system. Seems to be limited to Navi functions, POI, destination (although I think it only works with previous destinations rather than first time destinations) and the main audio functions. It's fair to say that the manual is way to brief for all of the VA functions and setting it up etc. For example which hands free profile do you use for your phone? Their are 5 of them but no explanation of why you would use one over another. I think I may call Lexus to see if there is any more available documentation.

br

D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links