Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost Alloy Wheel Lock Thing...

Colin P

Hi,

I know this has been covered before and I think you can get an alloy wheel lock remover from Halfords but do they really work? Or, can anyone actually reccomend a specific one? Also I think I remember someone saying something about you can get another one from your dealer or somewhere with the codes from something (descriptive I know :winky: )

Any help is appreciated as i'm getting pretty ****** off looking for it!

Colin

the standard lexus wheel lock ( the one with the 3 lugs) is a bit crap, if you are lucky and it is not too tight you could get a large pair of mole grips to turn it.

depends if u dont mind damaging them really - if not could also get a cold chisel and hammer it around or get one of the lock nut removers but depending how the internal threads are it may require the use of an impact gun.

I used to have those - and the pins broke cos a muppet at the tyre place used his air gun on them - they eventually got them off by putting something into one of the holes and smashing it until it loosened enough to get off by hand.

I'd recommend McGard ones as replacements.

yea Rodders I was looking at the mcgard fitting kit things (where you get the wheel locks and lug nuts all together) before I realised I had lost my wheel lock.

I just tried with some mole grips and all it seems to be doing is chewing the metal up.

so, you put something in one of the holes and then just bashed it into the wheel or did you hit it into the wheel and then hit down on it to try and turn it?

Hit down on them not into the wheel ,use the same type of motion as if you were using the rench but to be honest if they were but on by an air gun you will struggle ,i used to get this when i did stolen recovered cars and 5 times out of 10 it did not work and we had to either smash them of or drill them ,sometimes with vw's another key(the lug type) used to fit from another car .a bit sneaky but if you are with the aa let down your tyre and take of the other nuts then call them saying you have a puncture and have lost the key ,bet thay will get them of :winky:

well i was cought out with this when the aa needed to get my wheel off.

turns out that any toyota one will fit if you put it over and hit it hard with a rubber mallet. did the trick for me!

aparently ford sieras had them like that as well acording to the aa man!

worth trying to find one i think!

managed to get them off very easily in the end with the use of a single 19mm socket bit (with a slight modification/addition). So, dont worry if you lose your alloy wheel lock cuz you can get them off in under 10mins.

worryingly easy really!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links