Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water In Front Lights.

jensi

Anyone else that has problem with headlights with water/dew in ?I have to take out the parking bulb to dry them each time I have washed my car.

It takes some days to dry with just the lamps on.But I use a hair dryer to heat/dry them.

Perhaps I should take them of and try to put some silicon around the glass?

Anyone other her that has done this?

Jensi

Perhaps I should take them of and try to put some silicon around the glass?

Anyone other her that has done this?

I've done this on my head lights and Fogs, takes a couple of times to get it right, but now is no problem what so ever.

You'll have to take your headlamps out. theres 3 or 4 nuts holding them in (you have to undo the plastic wheel arch to get to 2 of them)

Also when you take them out, you will see a couple of flaps on the back, pop these open with a knife, rinse out and dry the foam thats inside.

Or better still get them changed if the cars in warranty

Does this mean that you took of the glass and put silicon between glass and frame

No just added extra silione on top of the original.

pop these open with a knife, rinse out and dry the foam thats inside.

When you take the lights out you're see 2/3 little flaps on the back (when you take the light out you'll see what I mean.

Inside a couple of these are some bits of foam, take these out and clean them.

• 1 month later...

I have now had the headligts out and removed the glass and put in new better seal\glue between the clear glass and the headlights .

Had them in the owen for 15 minutes and the glass came easily off.

Puted in new expensive sealent after cleaning of the old sealent.

Put alltogether and was very satisfied with the job.

Dryed in room temperatur for about 2 days before I installed the headlights again.

Then today I washed my car and took it for a ride.

Came back home and noticed dew in both the headlights :angry:

Not so much as before but....

I about 100% shure that the seal between the glass(clearplastic)and the frame is ok.

Could it be water coming in where the bulbs are or perhaps where the foam (spongs) is.

Anyone knowing what the foam is for?

There is only 3 years warranty on these cars here in Norway ,or else I had changed the headlamps.

Anyone having a idea?

I hate this as my expensive car looks so cheap with this problem.

Jensi

I have now had the headligts out and removed the glass and put in new better seal\glue between the clear glass and the headlights .

Had them in the owen for 15 minutes and the glass came easily off.

Puted in  new expensive sealent after cleaning of the old sealent.

Put alltogether and was very satisfied with the job.

Dryed in room temperatur for about 2 days before I installed the headlights again.

Then today I washed my car and took it for a ride.

Came back home and noticed dew in both the headlights :angry:

Not so much as before but....

I about 100% shure that the seal between the glass(clearplastic)and the frame is ok.

Could it be water coming in where the bulbs are or perhaps where the foam (spongs) is.

Anyone knowing what the foam is for?

There is only 3 years warranty on these cars here in Norway ,or else I had changed the headlamps.

Anyone  having a idea?

I hate this as my expensive car looks so cheap with this problem.

Jensi

I read all the threads on here about headlamp condensation, and tried all the tricks...but with no joy.

Using my Gold Membership , i bought a new headlamp from Chris Shipley ( top man ).

I also thought the problem was with the glass , but now think, its either one of the bulb holders, the hight adjuster screw ,or the water is getting in through the ventilation holes were the sponge sits ;) ,

Bob.

if that doesnt work ive got some small koi carp for sale,

they would look cool swimming around in your front lens !

:D

I'll have them off you ...... I want a new feature for my car ! - something original! lol