Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fire Extinguisher Fixing Location...

rashdown

Hi Everyone!

Just picked up my 1st Lexus (IS200) and after a little bit of :driving: over the weekend and seeing the tip of what it can do (obviously no more that 70mph ocipher :whistling: ) I don't think I'll ever get in another car, let alone drive another. The only bad thing about it is that there seems to be a rather noticable "GAP" in the engine compartment! After a little investigation, it just so happens that TTR supply a nice little compressor and installing it doesn't invalidate stuff... Looks like it's bread and water for me for a while!!!

Anyway. You lot all know how good these things are so I don't need to sing to the converted.

I have one question though: The nice sales man at Currie motors threw in loads of accessories and stuff (he's a mate really, and got them for notalotreally :shifty: ) I've found where to put the first-aid kit, but am having a little trouble finding a suitable, PERMANENT, location to but the Fire Extinguisher.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Note: Driving down to Switzerland in mid-December and may just have to take a detour to "Long EX-Race Track in Germany" to find out a little bit more about the car - SHH Don't tell my insurance company :winky:

Thanks in advance.

Hey, welcome to LOC :)

Not sure on the extinguisher, what about on the right hand side of the car in the boot where the ties are for the warning triangle?

Enjoy the car ;)

The only bad thing about it is that there seems to be a rather noticable "GAP" in the engine compartment!  After a little investigation, it just so happens that TTR supply a nice little compressor and installing it doesn't invalidate stuff...  Looks like it's bread and water for me for a while!!!

Do you mean TTE ? :whistling::whistling:

be aware that when driving to switzerland if u paln on using the motorways you will have to buy a vignette(sp?) for 40 CHF, if u get caught without one expect a fine of upto 1000chf ! also dont be tempted to speed much the penalties are very harsh, but dont worry about the speed cameras u wont get anything.

oh u will have to have a warning triangle INSIDE the car not in the boot.

if you are planning on going into the mountains have snow chains with u - or winter tyres.

The only bad thing about it is that there seems to be a rather noticable "GAP" in the engine compartment!  After a little investigation, it just so happens that TTR supply a nice little compressor and installing it doesn't invalidate stuff...  Looks like it's bread and water for me for a while!!!

Do you mean TTE ? :whistling::whistling:

Maybe!!! :tomato:

I was excited after drivng the car, and the keys are close onthe keyboard :whistling:

be aware that when driving to switzerland if u paln on using the motorways you will have to buy  a vignette(sp?) for 40 CHF, if u get caught without one expect a fine of upto 1000chf !  also dont be tempted to speed much the penalties are very harsh, but  dont worry about the speed cameras u wont get anything.

oh u will have to have a warning triangle INSIDE the car not in the boot.

if you are planning on going into the mountains have snow chains with u - or winter tyres.

Top Tips!!! :zee:

When I first read your post I thought you said vinagrette! That's an expensiving dressing at CHF40!!! :blush:

Have got the chains (RUD) thanks. Hopefully wont have to use them untill the last minute when I loose my car in a massive 3000000000000000 meter snow drift right at the place of my hotel in Zermatt. i.e. TONNS OF POWDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :D

What is it with the Euro driving regs and us brits going over!? I you randomly stopped a local (France, Germany, anywhere), and looked inside his/her car, I'd bet my left gonad they don't have a warning triangle inside the car!!!

I bet the car manufactures have got in bed again with the euro governments to say that "any car with right hand drive needs to have these special things added when driving through our country: blah blah blah blah...."

I mean they don't even drive on the right side of the road :tsktsk: :offtopic::ph34r: JUST KIDDING!!!

Thanks again for you tips, though.

hello, one of my daugters lived in switz a few years ago so i might be not be up to date with the latest regs but they are tough and so are the penalties for breach. suggest you get the latest from rac or aa. by the way switz is not a member of the eec, cheers, gds

i can tell u that most if not 99.5% of swiss drivers will have a triangle in the car, u will get big :tsktsk: if u dont have one.

U wont need the chains if you are going to zermatt - u come off the highway and then take a main road, after a while u will have to leave the car in a huge car park and then get a train/ special bus to Zermatt, as no cars are allowed there - unless it is electric.

but be aware that normal tyres will not offer the best amount of grip so be very careful if u are going on minor roads as u might not prove too popular if u block the road. :huh:

also be aware that the swiss police can hold u without charge for 3 months so dont give any ***** in case something happens. :o

ensure u have the appropriate insurance for ski and make sure it has helicopter rescue, as that will cost u a min of Chf 1500.

car insurance - no green card is required to be shown, but check ur insurance beforew hand, get a european accident/details form( its in french german and english)

assuming ur entering CH at basel/bale, keep an eye out for the road signs as there are a lot of road works in the city at the mo, apart from that its really easy to get to zermatt - watch out for the highway split near frieburg tho!