Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot

Ok so i can hold the button down for a couple of seconds on the key, but are there any other methods? Surely there is a way of opening the boot from insiide the car isn;t there without having to turn the engine off?

have you not got small handle on the drivers side by the seat petrol and boot flaps

Ok so i can hold the button down for a couple of seconds on the key, but are there any other methods? Surely there is a way of opening the boot from insiide the car isn;t there without having to turn the engine off?

have you not got small handle on the drivers side by the seat petrol and boot flaps

not sure will check tomorrow.

i think i should have explained more. basically i have one key. The other day i opened the boot without unlocking the car, put some stuff in it, and shut the boot, then thought where is the key? luckily it was in my pocket, puyt could i have got in the car if i had locked the key in the boot? The reason i don't have another key is because of a mix-up upon purchase and am waiting for the new keys to arrive in shop

there definately should be 2 levers down and right of the drivers seat. one for petrol and the other for boot release. Alternatively you could have reaced throught the ski hatch to get the key should you have shut them in your boot

but i opened the boot without unlocking the car, therefore i had no way to get in the car. I guess i will just have to be careful in future that i don't place my keys down in the boot whilst i load stuff.

There's a trick that can be easily done to pop the boot, not sure if it should be posted in the open forums though..

Rob (fluff) knows all about it, it involves a certain material and basically you can pop the boot without ever going into the car..

Colin and Gus performed it again at JAE this year...

Pretty scary when you know how easy it is to pop the boot......

I too once locked keys in the boot. Was on fone, popped boot, threw coat in with the keys in the pocket, shut boot. DOH!

The nice man from the RAC managed to pop boot for me.

This problem happened to me this summer.

Opened the car,then opened the boot but forgot the key inside when i closed it.

As you know, the car automaticly relock itself after 30 secondes, so it was 10.00 pm, i was locked out the car and the key was in !

Didn't managed to break a window with a hammer someone lended me :tsktsk:

Then, the police arrived and asked me to explain why i was trying to force my own car !

finally managed to catch the handle with a shoe-lace while 2 policemen were triing to separate the door.

My door is now twisted and wind enter the car when i go faster than 100 mph.

I was so angry that it was last time key left my hand while the boot was open.

fluff34567, would be pleased to know if your way to open the boot is easier than mine ! I can't always have policemen in my pockets !!!

Yep, lets hope the insurance company don't find out how dodgy is it, car security was a key issue with me.

It would be well known to the insurance industry. I guess they would see it as you didn't secure your boot correctly it you don't lock it with the key. The alarm will go off though if the boot is opened.