request with immediate effect, that you (the data

controller in this instance) do not record pictures of

me or my vehicle on any format of video storage

system. I understand however, that under subection 10,

part 2, you may record video footage if I am in the

process of committing a crime, or you have strong reason/evidence to

suggest that I am about to commit one.

For your information so that you are able to identify

me and therefore not record footage of me, I am ....................................

My vehicle is ...................................., VRM: .....................

Under subsection 10, part 4, I am entitled to seek

court action if you are found to be recording images

of myself on any video retrieval system.

Yours faithfully

Been several times now where I've been parked (legally) chattin to friends and my reg no has been recorded by a passing traffic car.

Seeing as im not doing anythin illegal can the above statement be used ??

My understanding is that your car registration can be picked up for ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) at anytime. If your car has valid tax disc, insurance etc the database will indicate this and your number will not be "recorded". If however your registration documents are not up to date on the database your registration could be flagged and be retained for a period of time on the "error" database.

I'm not sure you can legally request removal of this unless your documents are in order in which case it will not be flagged

Seems to be a thing Staffordshire Police are doing

Goin a bit overboard on cuttin cruises or anythin that looks like a cruise even if its 2 or 3 cars

They record your reg and if your number comes up several times they send you a little letter sayin if youre seen again they hav the powers to conficate your vehicle

Yea all the Police forces have a few ANPR vehicles which is in constant use and they have agreement with DVLC/DVLA whatever they call themselves to carry out checks and seize if necessary, then only the registered owner can recover if they have all documents. If you wait too long it will be auctioned. DVLA also have some vans with cameras in the back (looks like Green Flag rescue vehicle). I have to set up some of these systems :whistling: and have to go out on the road with traffic when they have complaints like "Oh we cant zap some white cars and cant zap any silver cars" :lol:

My next car will be a silver one :lol:

thats a load of bollox, they cant seize your car unless your committing a nuisance offence under section 59 police reform act.

ie playing your music REALLY loud , doing donuts in the car park that sort of stuff.

they cant take your car away just coz your parked in a carpark on 3 separate occasions.

the offence is to harrass or alarm someone whilst driving AND without due care

so unless your doing any of that your ok !!!

thats a load of bollox, they cant seize your car unless your committing a nuisance offence under section 59 police reform act.

ie playing your music REALLY loud , doing donuts in the car park that sort of stuff.

they cant take your car away just coz your parked in a carpark on 3 separate occasions.

Chib : you are correct in what you say, but only to a certain extent.

Playing your music "very" loud ? - who justifies the "very loud" then ? It's what is seen to be loud at the time of the circumstances.

What you must understand that the term "harass or alarm" someone can be used very widely.

Just by having 3 - 5 cars all parked up either side of each other, with the owners all standing outside there cars, and chattin 'may' cause an old lady to be "alarmed" - so yes just parking with a few cars can constitute to this offence, depends on how the term 'alarm or harrass' is interpreted.

However, Chris : are you sure you are just parked up legally, and they are writing down your registration ? = have you tried actually stopping the patrol car and asking them what they are doing exactly ?

Give that a try .... and see what they say .....

Chib: My comments about seizing your car refers to what I said earlier about having valid documents..hence reference to DVLA. No one suggested seizing car bcoz you are parked in a car park 3 times did they? All my comments refer to ANPR and what its about not officers writing down registration. Even though an Officer can write a number down and request a check on the vehicle

Seems to be a thing Staffordshire Police are doing

Goin a bit overboard on cuttin cruises or anythin that looks like a cruise even if its 2 or 3 cars

They record your reg and if your number comes up several times they send you a little letter sayin if youre seen again they hav the powers to conficate your vehicle

soz i didnt mean you PLEX, when i said bollox i was reffering to the letter from the Staffs police

i was reffering to chris`s post when he said they send you a letter saying their gonna seize your car if it seen there again.

This power was introduced to curb the groups of car users who gathered in big car parks in towns and villages and caused lots of noise and nuisance by wheel spinning and donuting everywhere, cranking their stereos up to epic proportions bikes doing wheelies all over the place, if your sat in your car parked up chatting to your mates and not making too much noise and not chucking litter all over the place then i cant see any problem and i certainly wouldnt be doing you for it.

so like i said before as long as your nice and quiet and being good boys then the police should not get called out to you in the first place.

obviously this is all my opinion and not one held by the police as a whole ( my little disclaimer ) so dont qoute me when you see your car being towed away :crybaby:

anyway forget what i just said coz its only an offence if your DRIVING in the first place.

its not how much law i know its how much i can remember thats the problem :blush: