Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Getting Rid?

Bison

Im thinking of getting rid of my Lexus even though I haven't had it long. I'm getting a hesitation when accelerating away from a stationary position.

No one knows what it is, I reckon it will be expensive to fix, I know it's a silly little thing but It's doing my head in and I don't want to live with that.

I've cleaned out throttle body to no avail, any suggestions before I put it up for sale and start looking for A Volvo V70 T5?

Bison

Have you tried resetting the ECU? Any errors showing up on the diagnostics? (could just be a faulty sensor).

Does the problem improve after you've driven it hard for a while? Would a Lexus benefit from "de-coking"?

How noticeable is the hesitation? (you might have problems selling it if it's really obvious).

I believe carbon build up is common on old LS400s. There are products available to remove this. Have a search on the forums for carbon - should bring back something.

You may also want to change the transmission fluid - either drain the pan, drive for 5 minutes and repeat 3 or 4 times or get it flushed. Just draining the pan will only replace about 30% of the fluid in the transmission.

Also get the engine/transmission mounts checked.