Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2003 Toyota Altezza Jdm

ZedT3

Hi Guys,

I'm from Barbados, and I just bought a 2003 Toyota Altezza JDM with 215bhp 3S-GE Engine. Needless to say, I'm loving it. But like the true driver, I want MORE!!! What is the most HP that the bottom end of this engine will tolerate? Also looking to charge it early next year...What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Elroy

280bhp shouldn't be a problem. After than I'm not sure, maybe get the bottom end from a 3S-GTE engine - that will be strengthened. They are good for 350bhp.

TRD do a lot of parts for the engine, very expensive though.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...gine-3s-ge.html

HKS do 2 turbines for the altezza 3SGE the GT-SS and GT-RS (I think one for 'slight' gains and one for bigger power)

They are really promoting the altezza at the moment as they entered a D1 dori car. They originally used a silvia S15 and switched to the altezza as it's still in production.

The D1 car is running 530ps with HKS 2.2l stroker kit!!! And yes it gets SIDEWAYS and smokes tyres!!!

thats if you want to go forced induction route, there is also going down the option of na and using ITB's through TODA

Just check out the sponsor TDI as they do both the HKS turbo's AND the TODA throttle bodies etc.

I will let you know soon, my Blitz supercharger will be here soon. Should increase the torque considerably!!

I do agree, altezza has very poor performance in the lower rev range. You have to keep it in low gear and revs up high.

I do agree, altezza has very poor performance in the lower rev range. You have to keep it in low gear and revs up high.

That is so true!!! Its a nightmare driving behind slow traffic!! You feel like you are trying to tame a wild horse!! Mines happy at over 3000 revs below that its no fun unless as Mr S says you are in low gear

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links