Might P/x The Is200 .....

MrADeveci

Which model would you have?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which model would you have?

• Evolution VI (6)
    • Evolution VII (7)
    • Neither

I'm in one of those "i'm gonna get rid of the car for something faster" moods, when I wake up tommorrow, I'll probably regret I even started this poll ..... but here goes..

Out of the two, which would you get ? I prefer the evo 6, because it looks meaner, however I 'think' the seven is starting to grow on me now ........

evo 8 fq340!!!!!!!!!!!

cousin has the evo 8 fq300 and thats quick as ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd get one but i like my luxury too much as well as performance plus an evo doesnt pimp as high quality girls as the Lex or somethin luxurious.

nice cars though mate

p.s if you can find the cash order a FQ400........only thing that is supposed to be quicker is a mclaren f1 apparently

My last car was an Evo 4, and I'm in the process of changing to an Altezza.

The Evo is an absolutely magnificent car, and I would wholeheartedly encourage anybody to have one at least once.

Pros

It's just about the fastest thing about - you have to spend silly money to get anything faster

It's glued to the road round corners

Plenty of scope for tuning - name the hp you want, and you can have it.

Lots of independent specalists for tuning (stay away from Mitsi dealers).

Cons

Built quality is fine - but nothing special. They all rattle a bit

Service every 4.5K miles or 6 months, whichesver comes first. At least £250 a time, but usually more.

You'll need a new set of tyres every year

It's bone shakingly hard suspension

It's a major target for every car thief or carjacker around. You'll need every security system going, and most insurance co.s will insist on it being garaged.

Group 20 insurance - average costs seem to be about £1k per year.

It's starting to become a Chav car (the major reason I changed)

My misses hated every last bit of it (this could be considered a pro)

I had a 4, but I've also driven a 7, and there is not a great deal between any of the models - it's a definate evolution over time rather than giant leaps. The later models are definately better, but not by a massive amount. If you go for a 6 over a 7, you won't loose much.

The source for all Evo knowledge is the MLR

MLR

For me, it was a great car to own for a couple of years, but not to stay with for the long term.

Hope this helps. PM me if you want any more info.

Ian

Ian, I know what you mean buy "it's a car you must have at least once"

A mate of mine had the Evo 6, with a stage one upgrade, and some other mods .... making it a total of about 325BHP. Everytime I got in that car, my stomach felt like I had butterflys, that's how quick it was !!

I guess I will miss the luxury of the Lex too, which is one reason why I don't want to ged rid of it, I guess I'll just have to go and test drive both the 6 and the 7 ........ and I'll either fall in love, or go running back to the lex !

Time will tell i guess ........

mates got a evo 6 drove it on many ocasions he went to trax and santa pod only one word for this car

AWESOME

the power is second to none expensive to run but if you can do the jobs your self like any other motor

rattle and bang abit but they are so light its unbelievable but above all a good drive they are about same size as lex

7 -8 are realy nice to 6 speed box in sevens

go on the lancer register got some beutifull motors for sale

got a blue evo 6 for £9995 BARGAIN quick sale needed

mates got a evo 6 drove it on many ocasions he went to trax and santa pod only one word for this car

AWESOME

the power is second to none expensive to run but if you can do the jobs your self like any other motor

rattle and bang abit but they are so light its unbelievable but above all a good drive they are about same size as lex

I looked into buying either a 6, 7 or 8 before i got the Skyline.

I talked to quite a few owners, and they all said that the 6 was the best. I was quite shocked by this cause i thought that the newer the car, the better it would have been developed.

I test drove a 7 and an 8. Both very nice cars, and in my opinion, better than the Lex, but it all depends what you want out of a car.

For me, the comfort aspect didn't exist any more after fitting TTE coilovers and low profile tyres to my Lex, so i traded mine in for the GTR.

Should have done it ages ago.... it eats evo's for breakfast.... :lol:

AWESOME

it eats evo's for breakfast.... :lol:

which skyline you got what bhp you got some of the skylines are awesome

but will they do a track like the evo with that yaw controll there on another planet

I am sure there was an advert in the paper today - you get 1000 quid of a new EVO and 3 years free servicing (which must be a good deal if you need it servicing twice a year at 250 a pop!)

think that only applies to evo 260 which is the bottom of the range one.

I am sure there was an advert in the paper today - you get 1000 quid of a new EVO and 3 years free servicing (which must be a good deal if you need it servicing twice a year at 250 a pop!)

twice a year? your having a laugh - if you do average miles your looking at 3 times a year.

two at £250, one at nearer £400! yep, thats nearly £900 a year servicing!

Evos just eat money - don't even think about it if you're not happy to hand over good money after bad to keep the thing running. It is worth it - but for me after a couple of years I figured I'd rather have an extra holiday a year rather than run an Evo.

i have a vi, and i have still not stopped smiling :D :D :D , i use mine as a daily driver to work etc, the ride i think is superb not to hard but hard enough to corner quick, it is a awesome car, looks can`t get better than the vi (IMO) comfort is good, climate control, AC, 4 electric windows even folding electric wing mirrors :o .

fuel is not to bad the only problem is the small tank, i do about 180 miles to £38.00 of optimax, the weak point is the clutch if you are doing a few miles you may have to change this once a year, i work in a garage so i do all my own stuff but parts are quite expensive.

clutch was £450 for a ap 4 paddle

brake pads front were £115.00

daz_r is my mate and i use his lexus and he uses my evo both nice cars but if you want something stupidly quick and unbelivable grip just try a evo, i can`t think of any other car i would want :D :D :D :D

AWESOME

it eats evo's for breakfast.... :lol:

which skyline you got what bhp you got some of the skylines are awesome

but will they do a track like the evo with that yaw controll there on another planet

I got an R33 GTR Vspec in black, estimated at 500bhp.... Apexi everything :whistling: