Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Bodykit? How Much And Where From?

legion329

Hi there people. I'm watching to make a modification to my IS and im thinking about a bodykit. I like the TRD kit but im not sure how much it costs to buy and how much to fit? Also does anyone know of a similar copy of it at a cheaper rate?

This was my first consideration i then also thought about lowering the car and putting on some 18's, has anyone done this and how does it look? Any advice is greatly received. Thanks.

hi mate,

no point in buying a cheaper copy cos it wont fit very well, ask some of the guys on here or any 'good' bodyshop.

go straight to the dealer for it, or become a gold member and get it off chris shipley with a very nice discount. then get it painted and fitted elsewhere cos it will be cheaper than having lexus do that for you.

well i got a card from lexus this morning and it was offering 10% off all purchaces of accesories before christmas.

think the lower lip was around £160-180 for the front and the same for the rear,

the side skirts are about £280

budget about £400 to have them sprayed. you should be able to fit them yourself too

a bit of superglue and some screws.

It all fits perfectly, as far as im aware you use some industrial adhesive and a few screws into the wheel arches to hold it tight.

or see if you can get them to fit it all?

• 1 month later...

Just got the TRD kit fitted to my car (kindly supplied through CS)... looks very good indeed... except for the fact that the grey rubber beading (mould) is very obviously visible!!!!! Spoke to the lexus guy (friendly chap at woodford) who fitted it and he said it was normal and it is fitted correctly. Looking through some of the prictures in the gallery and some cars I have seen, I didnt notice this before.

I later went to reading and saw a black IS in the showroom and noticed that too had visible beading... looks slightly naff. Anyway I think I am going to try and go over it with red feltip to make it less obvious (my car is red).

Is this normal?

cheers :)

i think if its fitted at the factory it might have been sprayed the same colour, the kit i have, has aztec fire rubber

they are not fitted at the factory

they are an aftermarket fitment when they arrive in this country