Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Wheel Knock

Hi guys, can anyone help? I have an IS200 Sport and when i am moving slowly with wheels turned to the right there is a knocking sound from the front drivers side wheel. Any ideas? It was MOT'd a month ago, hope its nothing too bad :crybaby: Cheers.

Did you get it from a Lexus dealers mate?

If you've only just got it did it come with any money back guarantee or warranty?

ProLex do the ball joints if you need them - Zee has these fitted to his car now and I believe they're okay?

If they didn't sell it 'as seen' then surely they should be selling cars in good condition, a friend had complete failure on a front ball joint on his Porsche the other day and he was lucky to get out of that one - the front completely went!!!

Might be worth trying your luck with trading standards?

You could take it to Lexus as they do free safety inspections I believe and this picked up the very worn ball joints on my car - two weeks at another Lexus dealer it got the all clear - was lucky they picked up on it!!!

My front near side wheel is now knocking on full lock right turns ..... I suspect that my ball joints / bearings are also :tsktsk: , I'm going to take it into Lexus during the week ...... if this is the case, they can fix it under warranty, and I'll be selling my LEX ...

I've had enough of the problems with it ....... had my IS for a year now, and It's done nothing but give me problems !! ... such a shame, I must just be unlucky, coz they are such great cars !!

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

so is it just a knocking noise you get when they are gone? I'm presuming mine will go sometime soon as the cars a 99 and done 43,000 miles but don't know what to expect, the ride is pretty bad at the moment but I think thats due to the alignment being way off (bouncy when you go over a bump and turning some corners - mostly left ones it seems like the back is hoping or something but I don't know if that would be shocks or what? it's just been mot'd and they didnt say anything)