Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two Week Review

GaryG

Hi All, 2 weeks into driving my IS200 SE, picked it up 2 weeks ago today. Here are my initial observations:

The free-revving engine is making it very difficult to keep the revs down while running in for the first 1,000 miles. :crybaby:

Scraped an alloy already! Don’t even remember kerbing it… :unsure:

Headroom, I didn’t notice during the test drives, but there’s only about ¼ inch gap between my head and the corner of the headliner (where the handle is). Makes for a sore head when looking around to pull out or reverse (and I’m only 5’11’’)…

Done about 280 miles and due for a fill up. I was expecting better mileage on a tank, but still running in, plus I’ve been doing mainly short city journeys - so I’ll reserve judgement!

Overall very happy that I chose the Lex. It’s pretty unique on the road and turns heads, even though it’s standard (plus an understated body kit). The other motors I had considered (you can probably guess which) are all very common on the road, with less than half of the standard equipment.

Looking forward to moving into 4-figure mileage and giving it some right foot! :driving:

Cheers,

Gary

Hi All, 2 weeks into driving my IS200 SE, picked it up 2 weeks ago today. Here are my initial observations:

The free-revving engine is making it very difficult to keep the revs down while running in for the first 1,000 miles. :crybaby:

Scraped an alloy already! Don’t even remember kerbing it… :unsure:

Headroom, I didn’t notice during the test drives, but there’s only about ¼ inch gap between my head and the corner of the headliner (where the handle is). Makes for a sore head when looking around to pull out or reverse (and I’m only 5’11’’)…

Done about 280 miles and due for a fill up. I was expecting better mileage on a tank, but still running in, plus I’ve been doing mainly short city journeys - so I’ll reserve judgement!

Overall very happy that I chose the Lex. It’s pretty unique on the road and turns heads, even though it’s standard (plus an understated body kit). The other motors I had considered (you can probably guess which) are all very common on the road, with less than half of the standard equipment.

Looking forward to moving into 4-figure mileage and giving it some right foot! :driving:

Cheers,

Gary

I noticed this when mine went in for a service and lexus supplied a car. Thought it was because it was a newer car. May seem obvious but drop the back of the seat a little. I'm 6 foot and when the seat is set right got plenty of room (or tilt the whole seat back a bit thats how mines set )

Hi mate,

I'm 6'2 and I have to say I haven't had a problem with the headroom at all, and I have my seat tilted all the way forward (don't laugh) . I do have it on it's lowest setting, and that really does make all the difference. Thankfully no head injuries yet, but I will keep you informed! Congrats on the new Lex, they're great aren't they!

I'm 6 foot on the button and have to get my hair cut regularly or it cleans the sun roof !! Always a bit worried which direction my head would go in if I had a bump in the car :( Seat is on lowest setting and slightly reclined. Think some people have long legs and others have long bodies :eek

Im 6`3" and i have the seat right down and the seat front on its lower setting which makes a big difference.

i have no problems with headroom so you must have the seat height incorrectly set.

i dont lay back either like im on a luge i sit pretty upright.

Crisis over guys... it was indeed the height adjustment that needed to be lowered.

I think the missus may have set it high when she was driving it (poor excuse, I know) :blush: .

At the lowest setting, I have more clearance form the headliner, although it's still not more than a couple of inches - must be a combination of the sunroof lowering the roof and my longer upper-body?