• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alienware

P4 3200Ghz Processor

2Gb Corsair Ram

256mb 5900 ultra GeForceFX G/Card

Audigy Platinum 2 Sound card

22" Monitor

Doom3 and Half life 2 play bloody excellent on it!!

Stuart, is there any difference between the standard / platinum and pro audigy 2 ? in terms of sound quality ?

Home -

Dell somwthing 2ghz P4

1gig ram

80 + 40 gig HD

CDR/DVD dell drive

CDR/DVDRW panasonic drive.

a floppy.

1.5mg blueyonder connection.

lapdog -

Dell inspirion

Carputer -

1ghz EPIA

half gig ram

40gig removable HD

CDR/DVD drive

7" touchscreen.

4 port USB hub.

griffin powermate.

opus PSU.

Ive got a couple of computers :blush:

My rig @ home..

rack.gif

In the bottom of that rack above the APC ive got..

PC 1.

Dual 3Ghz Xeon overclocked @ 3.6Ghz

AGP - Radeon 9600 XT 256mb

PCI - Radeon 9200 SE 128mb

PC 2.

Dual 2.8Ghz Xeon overclocked @3.2Ghz

AGP - Radeon 9000 128mb

PC 3. (the gaming rig)

P4 800FSB 3.0Ghz overclocked @ 3.6Ghz

AGP - Radeon X800 PRO 256mb

PC 4.

Dual P3 500

PCI - Quad Appian Pro

The KVM Switch...

switch.gif

All the PC's run into the quad switch. SmartView Multi Video SVMS4-Quad.

http://kvmswitchdirect.co.uk/SmartView_Multi.htm

Which allows which allows me to control everything from a single setup and switch computers from the mouse. Downside is there are no DVI Quad KVM's out there. So everything had to be converted to 15 pin.

The Quad

quad.gif

Then Ive got three Dell laptops Latitude D600's and an XDA for when im on the move.

Ive got a couple of computers  :blush:

My rig @ home..

rack.gif

PC 1.

PC 2.

AGP - Radeon 9000 128mb

PC 3. (the gaming rig)

PC 4.

Dual P3 500

PCI - Quad Appian Pro

The KVM Switch...

switch.gif

Which allows which allows me to control everything from a single setup and switch computers from the mouse. Downside is there are no DVI Quad KVM's out there. So everything had to be converted to 15 pin.

The Quad

quad.gif

Then Ive got three Dell laptops Latitude D600's and an XDA for when im on the move.

i bet that makes tea as well !!!!

:yahoo:

HP Pavilion AMD Athlon 64 3200+

1GB DDR

240GB Hard Drive

DVD Writer

NVidia GeForce FX5500

HP f1703 17" Flat Panel Monitor

Wireless Mouse & Keyboard

HP PSC 2175 All in one Printer and a Epson Aculaser c900 Colour Laser Printer

Connected with BT Broadband but dont know what speed

Also connected are a HP Omnibook 6000 remote laptop

Alienware

P4 3200Ghz Processor

2Gb Corsair Ram

256mb 5900 ultra GeForceFX G/Card

Audigy Platinum 2 Sound card

22" Monitor

Doom3 and Half life 2 play bloody excellent on it!!

Stuart, is there any difference between the standard / platinum and pro audigy 2 ? in terms of sound quality ?

I found that it was a lot clearer than the original, I didn't think that, that was possible when I had the original Audigy, but it is quite suprising. But the actual difference between standard and Platinum is that with the Platinum you get extra audio controls, midi ports, and Optical in/outs that fit into one of the CD bays on you PC.

Is that just one cat ,its managed to get in every picture :duh:

She has this funny habbit, if your looking at somthing she will move in front of it. Makes it very annoying if your trying to watch the telly.

Even if im washing the car, she knows im looking at the car so she will go and sit inside :)

Is that just one cat ,its managed to get in every picture :duh:

She has this funny habbit, if your looking at somthing she will move in front of it. Makes it very annoying if your trying to watch the telly.

Even if im washing the car, she knows im looking at the car so she will go and sit inside :)

Daaaaaaaaaaamn that's some set up there !! lol - I thought mine was a lot !!!

Daaaaaaaaaaamn that's some set up there !! lol - I thought mine was a lot !!!

I couldnt list everything ive got, I used to own a computer shop couple of years back. Then I went full time working on the internet which is why I have this rig at home. Allows me to control at lot of computers and run multiple operating systems at the same time. Although I spent a fortune on kit it allowed me to get rid of all my staff as everything is controllable by a single mouse.

I know that dont sound good for the guys that where working for me but I ended going down this route after my business partner ripped me off.

Nice kit, was always tempted to install a rack at home but could never be arsed! Are you running that lot off the standard mains or have you gone for a fancier option (multiple phases etc?)

Looks like you're heavily into the music side of things too?

As for the quad KVM, they are available, I was looking into it when I moved over to the Mac so I could run multiple screens off my apple display (only has an ADC connector but I got the ADC - DVI convertor) but it was too expensive..

http://www.stayonline.com/4port/9013.asp

Same make as the one you've already got too - is that what you're after or have I got the wrong end of the stick and you're actually after one of these:

http://www.stayonline.com/4port/9022.asp

?

Ive got a couple of computers  :blush:

My rig @ home..

rack.gif

PC 1.

PC 2.

AGP - Radeon 9000 128mb

PC 3. (the gaming rig)

PC 4.

Dual P3 500

PCI - Quad Appian Pro

The KVM Switch...

switch.gif

The Quad

quad.gif

Whoah, the Set-ups nice, but the Steve Vai JEM Guitars on the wall, are just lovely

Nice kit, was always tempted to install a rack at home but could never be arsed! Are you running that lot off the standard mains or have you gone for a fancier option (multiple phases etc?)

Looks like you're heavily into the music side of things too?

As for the quad KVM, they are available, I was looking into it when I moved over to the Mac so I could run multiple screens off my Apple display (only has an ADC connector but I got the ADC - DVI convertor) but it was too expensive..

http://www.stayonline.com/4port/9013.asp

Same make as the one you've already got too - is that what you're after or have I got the wrong end of the stick and you're actually after one of these:

http://www.stayonline.com/4port/9022.asp

?

Im not really pulling much power so its all running of the standard mains, the rest of the music gear in the top half of the rack is all low voltage stuff.

I racked it all up really for safety reasons, having all the gear locked up stops the cat jumping inside the cases lol

Yer, im a failed rock musician lol got loads of gear over the years but couldnt make a living at the music stuff.. lucky for me I managed to exploit the internet instead. My work stuff (computer stuff) is all pretty much automated so I can spend my days playing music.

I bought my quad kvm about 8 months ago and back then that quad adder DVI one wasent available. Still im very happy with the screen quality on my current setup. B4 I got that switch I was worried quality would suffer running the old d-sub connections.. but its been good.

Those switches are a stupid price, I ummed and rrr'd for months about getting one. I mean theres bugger all inside.

Whoah, the Set-ups nice, but the Steve Vai  JEM Guitars on the wall, are just lovely

Cheers Stuart! Ive got the 10th anniversary Jem number 024 and the 90th anniversary model. One day they will be worth a fair bit of mullah I got the signed certificates and cases as well.

Whoah, the Set-ups nice, but the Steve Vai  JEM Guitars on the wall, are just lovely

Cheers Stuart! Ive got the 10th anniversary Jem number 024 and the 90th anniversary model. One day they will be worth a fair bit of mullah I got the signed certificates and cases as well.

Very cool, I've got a Gibson Les Paul Classic, form my days of listening to Slash, but my biggest influences now are Vai, and Satch....Unfortunatley I'm a Lefty which means no Ibanez guitars for me....I can have any guitar I want as long as it's a Les Paul or Fender copy :angry:

Very cool, I've got a Gibson Les Paul Classic, form my days of listening to Slash, but my biggest influences now are Vai, and Satch....Unfortunatley I'm a Lefty which means no Ibanez guitars for me....I can have any guitar I want as long as it's a Les Paul or Fender copy  :angry:

You could always do what Hendrix did :driving:

You could always do what Hendrix did  :driving:

If I had a pound for every time someone has said that, I could have paid Ibanez to build a one off lefty custom. And got Malmsteen to be my tutor.

Hendrix was the greatest, but his upside down antics have cost me the guitar of my dreams :tsktsk:

Sorry it's a bit of a sore point. LOL

lol sorry.

My first job when I left school was as an apprentise guitar luthier working for Andys in Denmark Street. I use to earn £40 a week and it cost me £22 a week in travel fares getting there lol

I used to get bored stuck in the workshop so used to sneak out into the shop area that was cool cos I was like 16 and got to meet all these famous dudes like Satch, Angus Young, Slash, and I even sold Malmsteen a pre-cbs strat. Its on one of these metal videos, Hard and Heavy volume somthing.

I remember once I got a VIP tickets to a secret Satch gig in Camden underworld. It was only about 50-60 ppl there and mainly press. That was really cool I was like about 3 feet away from Satch and Stu Hamm playing on the stage and then afterwards they where just hanging around the bar... it was even free drinks lol

I remember once I got a VIP tickets to a secret Satch gig in Camden underworld. It was only about 50-60 ppl there and mainly press. That was really cool I was like about 3 feet away from Satch and Stu Hamm playing on the stage and then afterwards they where just hanging around the bar... it was even free drinks lol

That must have been awesome, I was lucky enough to go to a G3 concert in Denver a few years back. I was stopping over a mates in America and he got the tickets - it was Satch, Vai and Malmsteen. 90% of me thought it was great, but there was 10% that thought you are all bastards. Maybe a little bit of envy.

The friend I stayed with is Vice President of a design company, and they have just designed some very cool guitars, and they play really well.

www.rksguitars.com if you are interested.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links