Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Set-up

As you are all aware set up on the IS is best left to the pros....not the dealers....after numerous e-mails to Tony @ WIM i took the car over to Watford so he could set it up for me.The last time it was set-up was a few months back @ Abbeymotor Sports when i was running on coilovers,which have now been removed so im back on STD suspension but still running on 18's with the settings Abbey set it up on(-50mm),also met another club member while i was there,good to meet you Eddie(nice 300 you got there) :)

Tony knows his stuff,he is more than happy to explains everything you need to know about your suspension and it was a pleasure listening to him, they are a very friendly bunch and will keep you topped up with coffee/tea while your there.

The cost of the set-up is:

Geometry check/adjustment £25

Wheel alignment £16.50 + vat (there are 7 adjustments on the Lex)

total cost was £48.77

I paid double @Abbey(which i was more than happy with),and a dealer charges more than Abbey(though this does depend on where you go).

Obviously you all have your own opinions on where to take your Lex,but my money is staying with WIM for the foreseeable future,if you want to be treated in a professional manner i cant recommend Tony at WIM enough....

Link for WIM

As you are all aware set up on the IS is best left to the pros....not the dealers....after numerous e-mails to Tony @ WIM i took the car over to Watford so he could set it up for me.The last time it was set-up was a few months back @ Abbeymotor Sports when i was running on coilovers,which have now been removed so im back on STD suspension but still running on 18's with the settings Abbey set it up on(-50mm),also met another club member while i was there,good to meet you Eddie(nice 300 you got there) :)

Tony knows his stuff,he is more than happy to explains everything you need to know about your suspension and it was a pleasure listening to him, they are a very friendly bunch and will keep you topped up with coffee/tea while your there.

The cost of the set-up is:

Geometry check/adjustment £25

Wheel alignment                  £16.50 + vat (there are 7 adjustments on the Lex)

total cost was                      £48.77

I paid double @Abbey(which i was more than happy with),and a dealer charges more than Abbey(though this does depend on where you go).

Obviously you all have your own opinions on where to take your Lex,but my money is staying with WIM for the foreseeable future,if you want to be treated in a professional manner i cant recommend Tony at WIM enough....

Link for WIM

Thanks for that vote of confidence Scorpion. LOC was one of the first forums that

embraced my web site, when i read the posts it became evident that WIM could really help, i offered as you know £25= test + £16.50 for one adjustment? even if all seven are adjusted you only pay for one, the fine tuning is free, this may seem too good to be true, where's the catch? theres not one as Scopion can validate.

the company i work for allow me 100% control with all aspects toward geometry and i can apply this as i see fit, Lexus is for me a wonderful car to measure since it is multiple adjust, so most times any trauma can be recovered, result for you, result for me, the time taken for the geometry as far as cost is concerned is irrelivent £25/ £16.50 whatever, the real geometry settings come from the fine tuning, this is were the geometry angles are customised to fit the driving style, i recognise this and that is why the fine tuning is free, and then can be concidered final. i make no money from you and my offer is real hand on heart.

Tony

If only everyone was like tony............but then its best it isnt, people like Tony put faith back in the Automotive industry

Its a real eyeopener as well as Tony will answer any q's you have as to what hes doing,and hes a nice bloke too.

Cant stress it enough peeps if you want your car set up properly got to WIM as you know it makes sense. :whistling:

If only everyone was like tony............but then its best it isnt, people like Tony put faith back in the Automotive industry

"Faith" the quietest word ever written. WIM was built becouse i am sick of seeing people getting ripped off, i have an insider view of the fast fit industry so i can see how you become a target, WIM is a warning and education so that you can have a level of expectation in advance of any corrections. Any alignment/ geometry problems LOC have i am willing to help with, you don't need too come to me since most of the wear issues are down to the settings ( fine tuning ) fitting wider wheels or lowering suspension only needs applyed geometry calculus, the mathamatics can be assessed without even seeing the car, Scorpion's IS200 will be a excellent example too us all since we now have a true fingerprint of the geometry, std suspension, and new tyres, in 2000 miles time the geometry will be re-measured and i will compensate for the reaction of the Lexus fluid suspension, and tune scorpion's driving style, we can all benefit by this since the settings and consequence will be posted here, with " Faith" the centre reservation will be denied the imprint of the Lexus emblem due to the fast fit rip off's

Tony

look like it will be a trip down their for me to  :D

It'll be worth it guys believe me. :)

Give him a ring first though.

which phone number

interested in booking it in

on the 23rd !!

01923 234666

but please allow me to profile your situation in advance of your visit,

profile my situation :crying: ............will it hurt !